Am I eating too much fat?

Options
Hi I'm 5ft 6, female medium frame and weight 149lbs, I'd like to ditch the 9lbs by the end of March for a special occasion. I've been working out moderately and eating well since May and lost at least 23lbs since then but it's coming off very slowly. I'm now stuck at the 149lbs mark! I've upped the intensity of my work outs, doing 30-40 mins of HIIT cardio four times a week and I'm also doing weights / toning exercises for waist and upper body. I've reduced my calories so I'm eating between 1200-1500 a day and I'm trying to balance the nutrition pie chart but I keep going over the fat percentage. It's mostly 'good fats' like nuts, Greek yogurt so does this matter? Please help I'm working so hard, becoming slightly obsessive but the scales are staying same and so are my body measurements :(

Thanks

Replies

• ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Doesnt sound like you are eating enough for the amoubt of exercise you do. Biggest mistake I see on here. Please recalculate your daily calories based on your activity level. you are staving yourself
  • collettely4
    collettely4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at 149? Are you using the macro percentages that MFP gives you or have you customized them? It's hard to really say anything about how much you're eating without more information since your diary is closed, but your weight plateau (if it has been long enough to call it a plateau) probably isn't related to fat consumption so much as consuming more than you think or more than you need for your new weight.
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Based on the limited info you've given you should be eating around 2000-2200 calories to burn fat and sustain your body doing that much exercise. If you starve yourself you won't lose weight and if you do it will be lean muscle not fat you'll gain all the weight back once you start eating to maintain
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How much puts you over on fat? How many grams of fat are you eating every day?
    Edited: How long have you been stalled?
  • liamariesa
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I understand what you're saying about upping my calories but I'm honestly not starving, I eat plenty and have a treat day every Saturday where I have a take away, a piece of cake otherwise id go crazy! I've made my diary public now so maybe you will see some typical days. I've been 152-149lbs for about 2 months.

I've lost some inches in that time but only really 0.5inch off my arms (area I'm trying to tone) nothing from my waist in about 3-4 months.

Thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Going over your fat allotment will not inhibit weight loss. Many people look at the fat macro as a minimum. Fat doesn't make you fat, a calorie surplus does. I regularly go over on fat grams, sometimes by quite a bit, and it has not hindered my weight loss as long as I stay within my calories. It's more important that you get enough calories for the day.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    As far as being stuck, are you weighing and measuring all of your food and using accurate logging entries?
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think fat is good. I try to keep my protein and fat high and am very satisfied on a limited calorie allotment. I woudn't worry about it. Assuming you aren't exceeding your calories, your slow weight loss may have to do with you having less fat to actually burn. That's why people with higher bodyfat %s can lose so much weight in the beginning.

What size do you wear? Are you lean?
  • liamariesa
    Options
    I am now mainly size 10, sometimes 12. I was 12-14. My legs are relatively lean but I have a belly and excess fat in armpit, back, shoulders, arm area.