Alcohol

Options
Hello everyone... I been on this weight loss journey for about a year lost 50lbs got comfortable and gained 10 back... I feel like I eat clean and I work out all the time... I haven't given up alcohol. But started feb 1st I decided j wasn't going to drink for the month and see if that helps.. Have any of you seen a diffence when u cut out alcohol?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't retain quite as much water if I'm not drinking, but it hasn't hindered my weight loss, as long as I fit it into my day.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I lost 100lbs without giving up alcohol. As the previous person said just make sure you log it in with your other calories.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nobody likes a quitter ;)
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The biggest difference for me: I'm able to perform 100% in the gym the next day.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It is 7 calories per gram. So, if you don't replace the calories with something else, you will have created a larger deficit. But it is like anything else, if you enjoy it, just work it in to you goals.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I cut out drinking during the week. I relegate drinking to the weekend -- unless there is an event like the wine dinners once a month or a particularly hectic day.

I found that even if I tried to keep it in my calorie range I still went over mostly because wine has a lot of calories. I also found when I was drinking more during the week that I gained weight. Since cutting it out I'm losing inches and I've lost a few pounds and I haven't changed anything except the elimination of booze during the week. Also I am able to get up early to hit the gym when I haven't had anything to drink the night before which helps solidify the no drinking during the week.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation stay within daily calorie allotment and you will be all good. I have a few drinks sometimes more and it hasn't hindered my goals.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking December 9th, and it has made a huge difference. Regardless of working out every morning, eating clean, and tracking everything... I stopped seeing progress in my stomach. I've been feeling amazing since I quit drinking, my jeans fit better, I don't have headaches when I'm trying to lift the next morning, and I don't feel like a bloated sad mess. Non-alcoholic cheers to you! <3
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    The biggest difference for me: I'm able to perform 100% in the gym the next day.

Yeah, this is the biggest difference in my experience as well.