My very best post work out smoothie

Options
absurdic
absurdic Posts: 62 Member
Hi y'all! I thought I'd share this delicious recipe with you since it was sooooo good and easy to do! 368 cal and 21g protein, perfect after a work out! :heart_eyes:
  • 1 banana
  • 100 ml orange juice
  • 150 g quark
  • 200 ml skim milk
  • 100 g frozen mango
BLEND
DONE
ENJOY

:heart:

Replies

• Pamtho2015
    Pamtho2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oooo, sounds good! You should give this an official unique name and enter nutritional details so we can all log it on MFP. Can recipes be public?
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    what is quark?
  • tommyhx
    tommyhx Posts: 16
    Options
    quark is a type of birdseed often used to feed weasels, otters often like to eat other beavers but quark is used as a replacement.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Quark is a soft farmer's cheese. It's not difficult to make if you have a cheese cloth and the time to make it. It's delicious! Kind of like a cross between greek yogurt and cottage cheese (but thick and creamy).
  • tommyhx
    Options
    no^ -.-
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Copy paste! Because i've never heard of it either.

Quark (pronounced “kvark”) is a type of fresh dairy product, common for the cuisines of German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), northern Europe (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden), the Netherlands,[1][2][3] Hungary, Israel, of Slavic peoples (e.g. Czechs, Slovaks, Poles, Russians, Ukrainians and Belarusians), and of Ashkenazi Jews. It is made by warming soured milk until the desired degree of coagulation (denaturation, curdling) of milk proteins is met, and then strained.[4] It can be classified as fresh acid-set cheese,[5] though in some countries it is traditionally considered a distinct fermented milk product.[6] Traditional quark is made without rennet, but in some modern dairies rennet is added.[7] It is soft, white and unaged, and usually has no salt added.
  • tommyhx
    Options
    tommyhx wrote: »
    quark is a type of birdseed often used to feed weasels, otters often like to eat other beavers but quark is used as a replacement.
    i am a professional body builder i train mr universe

• tommyhx
    Options
    sad_kitty wrote: »
    Quark is a soft farmer's cheese. It's not difficult to make if you have a cheese cloth and the time to make it. It's delicious! Kind of like a cross between greek yogurt and cottage cheese (but thick and creamy).

that is actually wagu beef, because the oystery delicacy is made at dragonboat
  • tommyhx
    Options
    sad_kitty wrote: »

wiki can not be trusted, dragonboat can, i grew up eating pork chops breafast lunch and a loaf of peanut oyster crab spread and i dont even have fish
  • tommyhx
    Options
    katrinapri wrote: »
    Sounds yummy

exactly so back me up
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ok now I know what it is.thanks for those who provided the real info
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I miss quark - used to eat it all the time when I lived in Germany! use to mix it with yoghurt and cinnamon.... so yummy! don't think it exists outside Germany right? such a shame!
  • xrachel2014
    xrachel2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quark is readily available in the UK. A new brand has come out, in a 200g pot 140 calories and 20g protein! Yum! The smoothie sounds amazing, you had me at mango!