Heart Attack Brownies

Options
Alatariel75
Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
@ndj1979 @arditarose @Liftng4Lis @sunburntgalaxy @emily_stew and any other brownie fans.

As promised, the recipe for Heart Attack Brownies:

185g butter
185g dark chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1 ¼ cup sugar
2/3 cups plain flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
¾ cup milk chocolate, roughly chopped
250g cream cheese
1 egg, extra
1 tsp lemon zest
75g caster sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool. Mix the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Fold through the chocolate and butter mixture. Sift the flour and the cocoa over the chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Fold in the chopped white and milk chocolate and pour into 2 greased and lined 23cm square pans.
In a fresh bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg, zest and caster sugar together until combined and smooth. Spread over the brownie mix and using a butter knife, marble the mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes until cheesecake mix is set.

Makes about 40. Approximately 6500 calories per batch :D

Amazeballs. I tend not to keep milk chocolate, so I just use more dark for the choc chips.

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    180 degrees C is approx 355 degrees F
    23cm square is 9x9 pan
    Caster sugar is finepy ground white sugar

I'm amused by the mix of cups and grams. And im on the app so i cant see your location but I thought the US really only baked in cups whereas the rest of the world used grams (rightly so lol)

They look good. I might make them. Thanks =]
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    LOL, I'm in Australia and you're right, the mix is weird. It's my old flatmates recipe (well the brownie bit is) and I don't have the conversions to hand. Plus I always add way more of the chopped chocolate haahaa
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about! WTF is caster sugar?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Superfine sugar. Some American brands make it just check label. Not to be confused with powdered. Although I have run regular sugar through a food processor to chop it up more.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Also this recipe :heart_eyes:
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Lol yeah sorry! Australian ingredients :D Caster sugar is just super fine granulated sugar. Makes it mix better into less wet ingredients.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Those sound so good. And decadent. Probably rich enough that I couldn't eat too much. Hmm maybe .....
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Those sound so good. And decadent. Probably rich enough that I couldn't eat too much. Hmm maybe .....

They do freeze well, too.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Dude
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tagging cuz I must try!!!!!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    z71vovo08gmj.jpg
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes! They have cream cheese. Thank you. Now I just have to convince my boyfriend to bake them for me.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    They're also pretty ridiculous with Raspberry Coulis and ice cream.
  • tanyaL0L
    tanyaL0L Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna make these when I'm pangin for chocolate!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    How did my name not make the list of brownie lovers?! :angry: I DEMAND A RECOUNT!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    How did my name not make the list of brownie lovers?! :angry: I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

I'm sorry! *puts your name on the list* :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'm sorry! *puts your name on the list* :D

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ooh I am a bit behind in seeing these but YAY! I can't wait to make these. They sound so yummy.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

challenge accepted!

these sound delicious! I must try them. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    OH another AWESOME brownie treat? Make the brownies as above, but without the cheesecake bit. Bake them for about 25 mins, so they aren't completly done. Cool them, cut them into chunks and roll them into golf ball sized balls. Poke a hole in them, pop a maraschino cherry (or a Rolo, or a mini peanut butter cup or... you see where this is going) in there, close over the hole and dip them into melted dark chocolate.

I call them choc cherry brownie bombs and they once won a bake-off with the judge commenting that it was "the most fun I've had in my mouth since college".