Chicken, brown rice and broccoli bake

Options
Alatariel75
Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
Made this yesterday for lunches for work, it's really tasty and filling. Good comfort food :)

I was going to make it with cream of mushroom soup, but they were out. I might try it next time, but the cream of chicken soup is really tasty.

450g, Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw
250g, Broccoli - Raw
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long), Celery - Raw
1/2 medium (2-1/2" dia), Onions - Raw
1cup, Rice - Brown, medium-grain, raw
1can, Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tbs Stock Powder Chicken Style
40 grams (1/2 Cup), Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs
35g, Traditional Grated Parmesan

Servings 6.0
Calories 325

Chop the celery and onion finely and boil in a saucepan with the chicken breast (no need to cut them up) until the chicken breast is cooked through. Remove the chicken breast, make sure there is at least 3 cups of water still in the pot and add the rice, boil for 15 mins (rice won't be cooked through, you don't want it to be).

Shred the chicken and cut the broccoli up into florettes and spread them out in the bottom of a large caserole dish. Add the chicken soup and the stock to the rice/celery/onion mix, then pour over the chicken and broccoli. Mix it all together, making sure the broccoli is evenly spread out

Combine the panko crumbs and the parmesan, spread the mix over the top of the casserole and bake at 180 for 30 minutes.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Does sound nice. I might make it with cream of mushroom soup. Panko is great stuff isn't it?! Makes things nice and crunchy.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I love panko crumbs! I never use normal breadcrumbs anymore.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes me either unless I can't find Panko.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I might try this sometime but with homemade cream of mushroom soup. Thanks for sharing!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I do like it with the cream of chicken, but I'm definitely trying the cream of mushroom next time. I've been eating it for lunch all week, not sick of it yet :) Reheats really well!
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    That sounds really tasty.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks
  • kathyway7810
    kathyway7810 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice is one of my favorites, adding the broccoli sounds really good. Thank for sharing.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    sounds good, but I don't eat "cream of anything" soups, or any canned soups..
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Looks tasty! I wonder who thought your post was flag worthy..haha

LOL, I didn't notice that!! Man, that's totally put me off posting my recipe for Spam casserole ;)
  • jbaa88
    jbaa88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mmm excited to try this recipe!
  • jbaa88
    jbaa88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    is this 180 c or 180f
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok. I normally use ounces lol What are the ounces of the stuff you posted? :P
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    jbaa88 wrote: »
    is this 180 c or 180f

I was wondering the same...

• Alatariel75
    Options
    180 c - Sorry, Australian here!

@kristenmar
    Ok. I normally use ounces lol What are the ounces of the stuff you posted? :P

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-ounces.htm I use this convertor