Crohn's disease and hypothyroidism... Can anyone relate?

Options
Hello, My name is Kat. I am a 23 year old stay at home mom who is looking to improve my health for many reasons. I have some medical issues that have slowed me in my weight loss before and I would really like to meet some people who either know what I'm going through or can help me with accountability while being understanding. Thank you!

Replies

• Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My son has Crohns and I struggle with IBS myself at times. I know how hard it can be to have a healthy diet that is gut friendly.
  • giorgianyman96
    giorgianyman96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Giorgia and I'm 18. I have ulcerative colitis (I'm sure you know what that is) and have had the same issues. High doses of steroids and now looking to get the weight off.
  • SynfulbyNature
    SynfulbyNature Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My son has Crohns and I struggle with IBS myself at times. I know how hard it can be to have a healthy diet that is gut friendly.

Thanks for the reply and understanding :)
  • SynfulbyNature
    Options
    Hey I'm Giorgia and I'm 18. I have ulcerative colitis (I'm sure you know what that is) and have had the same issues. High doses of steroids and now looking to get the weight off.

I know how you feel. Thank you for the reply. It's so difficult sometimes to not have control over the weight gain just so you can have a little less pain or complication in your life.
  • 9Chelle28
    9Chelle28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm dealing with Autoimmune Hashimoto's Thyroiditsis myself so I can relate to your challenge. My disease may make it almost impossible for me to lose weight but I'm still trying.
  • WHanna123
    WHanna123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a lovely combo of IBS, Celiac disease (under control with gf diet) and diverticulitis.
    My weight was always way too low because I wasn't absorbing nutrients due to the celiac disease. Now I'm gf and am gaining weight consistently for the first time in my life and have to lose a little and then maintain.
    It's hard because a lot of healthy foods like nuts and seeds and even the skins of fruits and veggies can really cause a lot of pain and other nasty symptoms.
  • SynfulbyNature
    Options
    9Chelle28 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm dealing with Autoimmune Hashimoto's Thyroiditsis myself so I can relate to your challenge. My disease may make it almost impossible for me to lose weight but I'm still trying.

Thank you for the reply. I wish you luck in overcoming and losing weight.
  • SynfulbyNature
    Options
    WHanna123 wrote: »
    I have a lovely combo of IBS, Celiac disease (under control with gf diet) and diverticulitis.
    My weight was always way too low because I wasn't absorbing nutrients due to the celiac disease. Now I'm gf and am gaining weight consistently for the first time in my life and have to lose a little and then maintain.
    It's hard because a lot of healthy foods like nuts and seeds and even the skins of fruits and veggies can really cause a lot of pain and other nasty symptoms.

That's the problem for me, is the symptoms after eating certain things. What I can have is limited and what I should have is even more limiting. Thank you and I wish you luck :)
  • WHanna123
    WHanna123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's the problem for me, is the symptoms after eating certain things. What I can have is limited and what I should have is even more limiting. Thank you and I wish you luck :)

Good luck to you too! Remember that your body is a beautiful thing... even when it is frustrating you :smile: