Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Hi-
I'm going on my first date with a new guy and I don't know what to order. I don't know exactly where we are going, but I'm asking not necessarily in regards to calories but more in regards to what I "should eat." Like what looks better- a salad or a burger?

Thanks!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited June 2015
    Seriously? Eat what appeals to you.

Though I generally avoid eating spaghetti in public.

I mean really, if a guy is going to judge you for what you choose to eat on a first date, why would you want a second one?
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Why not eat for *you* not someone else? Date's are all about getting to know someone, be much easier if you are a true version of yourself perhaps....
  • AdieEve
    AdieEve Posts: 87 Member
    Eat what you want!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    I think you should eat what you're hungry for and fits into your eating plan. If you're making a decision about what to eat because of how it looks to the guy you're with, then you're not with the right person. Be yourself. If you can't do that, you should reconsider whether you're actually ready to date anyone. Being comfortable with yourself and who you are is sexy. Own it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Seriously? Eat what appeals to you.

Though I generally avoid eating spaghetti in public.

I mean really, if a guy is going to judge you for what you choose to eat on a first date, why would you want a second one?

This. And I agree, I usually don't chose spaghetti on a first date just because I have not mastered eating it like an adult.
  • lalabrucey
    I forgot to add, not trying to be harsh or anything but I'm a steak and beer girl.
    I have never had a problem with being judged by men by what I eat, in fact the opposite.
    The feedback I get is 'its so easy to be around you' and 'I love that you don't stare at my plate with longing'
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited June 2015
    You "should" eat whatever YOU want to eat, not what you think will "look" better.

I mean, it's absurd to care about what "looks" better to someone else, but also, different men will have different answers to that - IF they were to actually think about it at all.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Eat what you want.

Pretending to want something else is crazy. You don't want to have to pretend for the entire relationship.

Be you. Find someone who loves you, the real you. Anything else is setting you up for heartache down the road.
  • lalabrucey
    Only the approved dating food. Lettuce and water.

Haha
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    you've gotten great advice so far. I say DON'T get just a salad unless you really want one. I think most men would enjoy a woman who orders what she likes and eats whatever it is with manners. If you like pasta, do ziti or rigatoni or something easy to eat. Oh, and maybe stay away from greasy fried chicken...it's hard to eat IMO. Good luck!
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    I generally order salad, but I like salad and I don't like hamburgers. Order what you like! A guy that judges isn't worth dating.
  • arditarose
    I would order me a steak or a nice chilean sea bass...oh man. I haven't been on a nice date in awhile.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Hi-
    I'm going on my first date with a new guy and I don't know what to order. I don't know exactly where we are going, but I'm asking not necessarily in regards to calories but more in regards to what I "should eat." Like what looks better- a salad or a burger?

Thanks!

Oh honey. If he looks at you funny for ordering either, leave. Because that is a sign that he has stupidly high expectations for women that aren't shaped by reality.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Ask the chef for a food challenge.

Smash it.

Then if he dose not call him a *kitten* and walk off :)

Or just eat what you normally would?
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    I eat what I want. Take it from an oldster, just be yourself 100% authentic from day one. That way, he gets the real you, and if he does not like you the way you are, you have not wasted any time pretending to be someone you are not.

Order ribs, dig in, slurp, get sauce on your nose, lick the bones. Have fun.
  • arditarose
    I eat what I want. Take it from an oldster, just be yourself 100% authentic from day one. That way, he gets the real you, and if he does not like you the way you are, you have not wasted any time pretending to be someone you are not.

Order ribs, dig in, slurp, get sauce on your nose, lick the bones. Have fun.

Meh. I can eat and have fun and be myself but still use a napkin.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Is this a serious question
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Wow, the fact that this is a legitimate thing women are made to feel they have to worry about makes me feel very sad :(

• ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    of course you should eat what you want/like. Too many games people play. be real from the start. I like food so it would be great to talk about the food as well as get to know the person through other topics