CHALLENGE FOR JUNE 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Options
Summer is here!!!

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• TrracyGirl
    TrracyGirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a major struggle for me. Thanks!! Looking forward to participating.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Im in. This isone of my worst enemies.
  • adaragal
    adaragal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my main problem with weight loss....I am so in
  • adaragal
    adaragal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So what time zone is everyone..I might need a buddy, to fight the food that taunts me
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm central time and I'm in!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I'm in EST (GA); I try not to eat after supper; and only try to drink that much needed water (liquids); such as "Sparkling ICE" and coffee. Husband doesn't like the ICE - because he says it has too much of a 'bite' to it; it is carbonated and I think that was a surprise to him. I'm not sure if all flavors are carbonated. I like them because they contained 17 oz. and they make me feel full to tide me over from one meal to the next. I'm on a medical weight loss plan the my daily calorie count is very low for me to lose weight. So far after my first weigh-in I lost 7lb in 2 weeks. I'm hoping I can keep the number I weigh going down. :*
  • rainydayworkout
    rainydayworkout Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This challenge really helps.... Thank you!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm back for the third month.

Here are my rules:
    1. O.K. to snack as long as I don't go over my allotted calories, no time limit.
    2. No eating while standing.
    3. Weighed, measured, & logged portions only - NO open containers!

My current streak is 7 days.
      Let's keep this rolling, it really helps!
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i take it by snacking we are talking about bad stuff like chocolate and crisps? because eating late isn't as bad as people make it to be as long as it's the right stuff, your body will use it regardless of what time you put it in there...
  • oldbikegirl
    oldbikegirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Live in EST. I'm trying to just have a cup or 2 of tea (no caffiene, no milk, and a little truvia). Tonight supper will be a little late (8PM), but sometimes it's just not possible to eat any earlier.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I didn't even know this thread has existed in the past, but it's bookmarked now!
    My rules: No eating in my bed (I have a studio apartment so this is way too easy to do mindlessly), and no eating past 9pm (because I usually just throw all caution to the wind and binge). Looking forward to participating in this :smile:

ETA: I'm in LA, so PST.
  • Mare7272
    Mare7272 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm in

ME: 1
    LNS:0
  • coco1175
    coco1175 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Central time.
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    June 1

Me: 0 LNS: 1*

Well...not the way I wanted to start the month, but I am determined not to repeat this tomorrow!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all, newbies and returning ones!!! Let's make this a great month!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    June 1

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
  • danacoal123
    danacoal123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    1 day strong! Hahaha let's see how this goes because this is definitely my number one downfall.
  • mrJRamos2015
    mrJRamos2015 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    June 1st - -
    ME: 1*

Thanks for setting this up again, Lisa! I'm going to do better this month...
    Best of STRENGTH to everyone!
  • MaryStevens341
    MaryStevens341 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in too! One of my biggest problems.
    June 1, 2015
    ME: 1*

Mary from Florida
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It's the 2nd here.
    Me - 2
    LNS - 0

I will be having a late night on the 21st because it's my birthday. The rest hopefully not