Confessions

Options
I got a free Donut at Dunkin Donuts as national donut day today, took a bite and searched it on myfitnesspal, I immediately closed the bag on it and crushed the bag so the donut would be unedible

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why not give it to a coworker or family member? Or exercise a little more to work it into your calories?
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, @StefannyFlorez ! It's not worth it to me and I don't want to be tempted. I did the same thing when I was quitting smoking too.
  • StefannyFlorez
    StefannyFlorez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @jesikalovesyou Congrats on quitting smoking, it takes a lot of courage my husband is in the process
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @jesikalovesyou Congrats on quitting smoking, it takes a lot of courage my husband is in the process

I only smoked one cigarette a day usually and only for about 9 months. Quitting was just a matter of throwing the cigarettes away and not buying them anymore.

But thank you!
  • StefannyFlorez
    Options
    @malibu927 I was thinking of giving it to my 6 year old since I was in my way to pick him up from school, But to give him 376 calories in 1 donut I might as well give him a 376 cal well balanced meal that included salmon, peas & cauliflower and quinoa. I counted it!!!
  • StefannyFlorez
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @jesikalovesyou

I wish it was as easy for him, he smokes a pack per day ( I am not exaggerating). But he is getting there.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky to not be tempted by donuts, cookies, chips or things like that. I'm not really into sweets at all. But show me a juicy 16 oz steak and I might not say no. :)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yay for demonizing of the donuts. Again.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I got a free Donut at Dunkin Donuts as national donut day today, took a bite and searched it on myfitnesspal, I immediately closed the bag on it and crushed the bag so the donut would be unedible

Nice one! That's also a good tactic to use when people try to force cookies, cakes etc on you at work and they won't take no for an answer. Just take it and put it down on your desk, and then when they're not looking... :smile:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Or you could have given it to a starving homeless person... Or not gotten it at all.
  • StefannyFlorez
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Or you could have given it to a starving homeless person... Or not gotten it at all.

I took it with the intention of eating it, like I always do. But ever since I got MFP I started to be more conscious about what I eat, when I searched it's nutrition content in MFP is when I realized how bad it would to to my body. I would not give a homeless something I already sank my teeth into.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One donut is not going to be "bad for your body". You could either find a way to fit it in, or should have searched before hand. Sorry but I can not condone being purposely wasteful.

Edit:spelling
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    1st world problems. "Got a free donut, had to crush it to deny myself."
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    rip donut, I weep for you.
    sad-homer-cries-o.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nice one! That's also a good tactic to use when people try to force cookies, cakes etc on you at work and they won't take no for an answer. Just take it and put it down on your desk, and then when they're not looking... :smile:

:D I say good job @StefannyFlorez we do what we gotta do to get to our goals in life. I know what you mean about picking up something and then after having taken a bite see the nutrition info. EEK :#

@StefannyFlorez Just a heads up...there's a "NonJudgmental Confession" thread on here as well. Check that one out... you'll likely get far different posts. ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Yay for demonizing of the donuts. Again.

and this is >:) demonizing donuts HOW? :o

The poor girl merely changed her mind...she didn't perform an exorcism on the donut! :D
  • mamorse1
    mamorse1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Don't listen to people who don't respect your choice to say no, be you had a moment of 'habit' then realized it would have been bad for you. You were very strong just then, kept your eyes on your goals. Hooray!

I wish I could get that willpower back!

quote="StefannyFlorez;32783610"]@jesikalovesyou Congrats on quitting smoking, it takes a lot of courage my husband is in the process [/quote]
    elphie754 wrote: »

I took it with the intention of eating it, like I always do. But ever since I got MFP I started to be more conscious about what I eat, when I searched it's nutrition content in MFP is when I realized how bad it would to to my body. I would not give a homeless something I already sank my teeth into.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

How many?
    11391482_10152840405450824_2156534787323231712_n.jpg?oh=ce5d021c420e9b36c28e99bfb5d303c9&oe=5603173D
  • StefannyFlorez
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'll be right there!!