Dry July

Options
Anyone want to join me in giving up alcohol in July? I feel I need to make an effort to get into the 9 stones.... Aaaand after a few vino tinto I always want to eat rubbish :o

Replies

• mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nobody??? ;)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Feel free to mail any my way if you find it tempting. My friends and I will take care of it for you.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Feel free to mail any my way if you find it tempting. My friends and I will take care of it for you.
    :D or perhaps I could just save the money I would normally spend and treat myself ;)
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for these before but seem to can't go a whole month. But I'll commit to cutting back! I'm with you. Drinking certainly increases the calories.
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll do this with you! This is one of my major goals for this summer. I'm on day 3 of insanity and have wanted for a very long to stop drinking. I drink a TON. It's very hard not to seeing as I work at a bar. But I'm committed to living a healthy life and the alcohol has got to go. Nothing wrong with alcohol but for me once I start I don't stop.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    maryerline wrote: »
    I'll do this with you! This is one of my major goals for this summer. I'm on day 3 of insanity and have wanted for a very long to stop drinking. I drink a TON. It's very hard not to seeing as I work at a bar. But I'm committed to living a healthy life and the alcohol has got to go. Nothing wrong with alcohol but for me once I start I don't stop.

Wine is healthy, where else would I get my resveratol from? ;)
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Great...glas I have company :)
    I'll send you friend requests....We can keep each other strong!! ;)
  • cariewaters
    cariewaters Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right after a debaucherous Memorial Day, I labeled myself "boring and dry, till the 4th of July!" I cheated twice to the tune of one Coors light and a glass of wine since the , BUT I quit the mindless glasses of wine and the margaritas just 'cause and it's really helped. I honestly do t miss it and find myself crAving the water more. Good luck to you in July!
  • mamma_adventure
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you @cariewaters ... I write this with a vino tinto at my side :D
  • millers88
    millers88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm with you in this! I need to cut it out or at least cut back - I am sabbotaging my success. Need to channel my efforts in the right area!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Yay @millers88 great :)
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!! I need to be accountable. I drink my calories and am sabatoging my loss!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Yes @Plooty222 ... glad you're joining me...I went way over this weekend due to alcohol and wanting to snack :(
  • schellerica
    schellerica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stop drinking on extra calories too. You never know how much they creep up on you until it's too late :s
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'll participate, but in the interest of full disclosure, I only have 1-2 drinks a year, lol. I'm naturally not a drinker - I don't enjoy the taste or the effects.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    10 days until we start guys...hope everyone is still in :#
  • daphne626
    daphne626 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am with you but will start today as I not lousy any weight for 2 weeks and I certainly can't eat any less. I done dry January and it was ok when I got out of the habit of pouring a drink when I got in from work. Just needed to do something else. So good luck all, if I lose weight this week with no alcohol them that's the way for my futurr
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    In as well!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    @daphne626 I've not lost for 3 weeks...so I'm also planning to start early by avoiding alcohol this weekend...really hope my scale moves on Monday morning.
    @javame great that you're in too.
    Hoping we will all be posting our weight losses and keeping each other motivated :)
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    1 hour left here until Dry July begins!!! Hope everyone has removed all temptations from their drinks cabinets o:)>:)