Weight loss prediction after diary entry

Options
When I complete my diary I want to see my 5week waight prediction but it's like half on my screen and half off I can only see the last number iam guessing it's after the desmil point please help it helps me stay on track .. Thank you!3bdtlq979ead.jpg

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Have you tried turning your phone sideways to change to the wide display.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    It is a known issue for MFP version 6.1.1 for iOS.
    Bug: (MyFitnessPal version 6.1.1) 5 week projection page that shows after completing your diary is not formatted correctly.
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1453170-known-issues-ios-app
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter anyway, because that prediction is completely inaccurate.
  • squadleader66
    squadleader66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank for crushing hopes !!! People are suppose to help people stay in a good mood and keep them on track , keep them motivated .. Go bug someone that don't need motivating !!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Cybertone seems to be on top of it.
    i wouldnt put too much stock in what is a very simple projection because it is based on you being consistent on those calories for the 5 weeks.

You cna easily work out what it is based on the simple projection. It is no a guarantee.

1lb of fat= c 3500 calories, so for every 3500 calories in deficit you manage over those 5 weeks you will lose a theoretical 1lb. It all depends on everything being accurate, which is most of the battle.

Try looking on the desktop computer and you will be able to see more till they fix it for the phone.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Thank for crushing hopes !!! People are suppose to help people stay in a good mood and keep them on track , keep them motivated .. Go bug someone that don't need motivating !!!

I think @whmscll was just trying to make sure that you're not taking that prediction as absolute fact. It's based on every day for the next five weeks (meaning, 35 days) being EXACTLY the same as that day - taking nothing else into account. If you have a great day, it's going to show you a huge "loss" that isn't likely, just like a bad day will show a "gain." A lot of folks get MORE discouraged when they don't weigh that weight after five weeks (because weight loss is far from linear), and end up giving up entirely.

Sometimes support outweights (pardon the pun) motivation, even if it stings a bit. Better to be warned about inaccuracies upfront than feel like you've failed later, no? :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

No, that is not the sole purpose of these forums. It's also to provide correct and accurate information. It's a simple fact that that prediction is not accurate. Do you get the same prediction every day? No. Come back in 5 weeks and tell me you lost what it said you would. Also, your motivation needs to come from within yourself, you will never make it on your weight loss journey if you rely on other people for this.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options

The forums are not for blindly supporting people based on how they feel. It would be a disservice to support someone falsely just to make them feel better. Would you rather people tip toe around how they're going to make you feel, or for them to give you truth? No one said anything rude, not deserving your "insert middle finger emoji" response. If that prediction makes you feel good, then aim for that as a goal. Figure out for yourself if it truly will be accurate for you. People lose weight at different rates. Stay accountable, track, stay within your allotted calories and you will see a loss. Set a goal for yourself, use that as motivation.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I think it would only be accurate if you did everything exactly the same for the next 5 weeks...just like it says. I dont think anyone have exactly the same activity and food everyday for 5 weeks. I dont find that it is accurate...more of a ballpark range for me. I kept track of it once just for fun...I may do it again :)

I find motivation comes from making friends here and seeing other people having the same struggles and success. Feel free to friend me if you like. I dont even mind the occasional rude hand gestures if it helps you out LOL :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    asrai50 wrote: »
    I think it would only be accurate if you did everything exactly the same for the next 5 weeks...just like it says. I dont think anyone have exactly the same activity and food everyday for 5 weeks. I dont find that it is accurate...more of a ballpark range for me. I kept track of it once just for fun...I may do it again :)

I find motivation comes from making friends here and seeing other people having the same struggles and success. Feel free to friend me if you like. I dont even mind the occasional rude hand gestures if it helps you out LOL :)

Also if you didn't have more or less carbs and your body wasn't retaining more or less water because of muscular edema or hormones or just because it can....