I hate it when you're right!

Options
thereshegoesagain
thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been dieting for a couple of years and had good success overall down about 70lbs. I'd been stuck, not losing any more for some time and kept reading people complaining about plateaus and wanting to know how to break it. Y'all would tell them to weigh their foods and log everything.
Pfffft, I thought. I know how to diet, I've already lost so much!
Well, it finally got through my thick head and I bought a food scale. I've been weighing and logging every bite I eat and guess what???
Yep, I'm back on the losing train. So, thanks to all of you and next time I will try to listen a bit sooner.

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    :) Good job!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    YAY! Awesome job recognizing, what an inspiration.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    This should be one of those threads that gets linked to the ones started by indignant people who refuse to take advice.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This should be one of those threads that gets linked to the ones started by indignant people who refuse to take advice.

laughssssss. I think for a minute you forgot where you were!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

laughssssss. I think for a minute you forgot where you were!

Definitely a smidge confused.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for a couple of years and had good success overall down about 70lbs. I'd been stuck, not losing any more for some time and kept reading people complaining about plateaus and wanting to know how to break it. Y'all would tell them to weigh their foods and log everything.
    Well, it finally got through my thick head and I bought a food scale. I've been weighing and logging every bite I eat and guess what???
    Yep, I'm back on the losing train. So, thanks to all of you and next time I will try to listen a bit sooner.

Good for you! It's very easy to maintain if you don't have much left to lose.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And then there are those people who come back. And make a post like this.
    That is when you think..yeah keep going and posting on threads like "help i am at a plateau" and the OP dont want to take any advice at all.

Coming back with a thread like this does good :)
    RESPECT!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Yep, for every special snowflake is absolute deniel, there may be someone lurking in the wings, listening, learning, succeeding.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I'm a special snowflake?

Yes I do lurk, listen and learn. And I'm am so appreciative of all the inspiration and knowledge found here.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options

Stubbornness is a beotch isn't it?

I love feedback like this.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I just want to shake people sometimes and tell them "the reason everyone is telling you to do this is because they want to help you. They're not being mean, they're trying to help you. Listen to them!!".

But that doesn't help. Great job recognizing that you could try things differently just to see what happens.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Yes I do lurk, listen and learn. And I'm am so appreciative of all the inspiration and knowledge found here.
    Me too. I took the advice and I agree it works. Congratulations OP on what you have lost and are losing. This post is so refreshing!
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It does work, I was in the same spot about a month ago and was ready to give up. I decided to buy a food scale and sure enough, the weight has been steadily coming off. Great job on doing something outside of your comfort zone and continuing to make progress.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news glad you took that to heart...
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That could be me. I just found the same thing out. Weighing everything now after losing 94 pounds!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Very cool.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yay!