Does anyone take Apple Cider Vinegar?

Options
annette_15
annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
I started taking a tablespoon twice a day the last 5 days. I know its suppose to be really good for you and have plenty of health benefits. Not doing it for weight loss as I'm in maintenance. Just figured I would give it a shot, whats the worst that can happen, right?
My problem however is that it makes me SO HUNGRY. As in I'll eat a meal and still feel so hungry after that I cant concentrate... its like I didnt just eat. Anyone else experience this? Does it pass? I didn't take any yesterday and my hunger signals were back to normal. :confused:

Let me know your experience with it. :kissing_heart:

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I use it a lot. I like the zip. But I don't take it in because I think it will help with weight or health.

Apple Cider Vinegar gets a better rep than it deserves, IMO. A lot of people do believe it helps with weight loss and curbing hunger, so I'm glad you didn't get sucked I to that malarkey.

If you feel hungrier when you ingest it, cut it out. It won't do you any harm to cut it.
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I take it out of the cabinet and add it to food as needed... Straight, though? No.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I made some pickled beets with it a few weeks ago and they were dang tasty.
  • bawlmergirl
    bawlmergirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like a couple tablespoons mixed in a glass of 25% apple juice and 75% water.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've used in the past to help with digestion problems and found it helped. Never found it gave me a problem with hunger though. Interested in what others have to say.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I started taking a tablespoon twice a day the last 5 days. I know its suppose to be really good for you and have plenty of health benefits. Not doing it for weight loss as I'm in maintenance. Just figured I would give it a shot, whats the worst that can happen, right?
    My problem however is that it makes me SO HUNGRY. As in I'll eat a meal and still feel so hungry after that I cant concentrate... its like I didnt just eat. Anyone else experience this? Does it pass? I didn't take any yesterday and my hunger signals were back to normal. :confused:

well, for one it could strip the enamel from your teeth...

if you're going to do that, you should probably cut it with water...it has shown to help regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics...any other health benefits would require you to purchase non filtered, non pasteurized cider vinegar (which most people don't) for the pro-biotics and what not.

I use non-filtered, non-pasteurized cider vinegar in a variety of food preparation, but I don't take shots or anything.

hunger is not a side effect of cider vinegar...that's all in your head.
  • bcruz313
    bcruz313 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I take it when I remember in my green tea because it is supposed to help reduce blood pressure. I have found it to work. Never felt hungry though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »

well, for one it could strip the enamel from your teeth...

if you're going to do that, you should probably cut it with water...it has shown to help regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics...any other health benefits would require you to purchase non filtered, non pasteurized cider vinegar (which most people don't) for the pro-biotics and what not.

I use non-filtered, non-pasteurized cider vinegar in a variety of food preparation, but I don't take shots or anything.

hunger is not a side effect of cider vinegar...that's all in your head.

This is the same for me as well. I also doubt your hunger signals are directly related to the vinegar. I don't believe that's possible. Maybe it gave you a burning sensation in your stomach you mistook for hunger?
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Hmm yeah idk, I do dilute it when I drink it obviously, and I use the AVC from Braggs with 'the mother'. Im away from home for a week or so, so I havent been using it since. Im not sure why it made me feel like a bottomless pit. Im gonna try for a bit longer when I get home. I did find my skin cleared up a bit and my digestion was better when I was taking it, so I would like to make it a habit
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I use it to cook my black beans (it is an ingredient of the recipe). It make the beans quite tasty
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I take it in my hot bacon dressing for spinach salad. It is no the same with another vinegar.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes have a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV in it to mix things up. I get tired of plain water and enjoy adding flavors in there.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    No. I'm smug enough. :)
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like to blitz it with loads of olive oil and garlic in my Vitamix to make a tasty vinaigrette.
  • tangpd
    tangpd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take 2 spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar & 1 teaspoon of honey mixed with alkaline water every morning & evening, and it cured me of my nose sinus problems. My wife also commented that I no longer have bad breath
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like to take a shot of Bragg's mixed with raw honey, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice when I fell a cold coming on. It seems to help curb it or at least lessen the intensity. Other than that, though. I don't really take it regularly. I'm not that big of a fan of the taste.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like it for some digestive issues every once in a while. helps to neutralize stomach acid for me. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I use it as a face toner hahaha
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I use it as a face toner hahaha

@Asher_Ethan I've been thinking about using mine as a toner. Does it work well?