Geeky gamer girl looking for new friends to join this epic and perilous journey!

Options
Hello!

I'm a geeky gamer girl who's managed to stumble and fumble on this journey more times than I can count, but still grinding it out and refusing to give up ;)

About me:

Height 5'4", CW 205lbs, GW 120-130lbs, planning to cook again (I'm a durned good cook and it's easier to make things healthy that way. Also... I'm a hobbit LOL), start the C25K program and if that doesn't kill me I'll pick up some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred as well.

I've got a wide and eclectic taste in all things geeky: from zombie/post-apocalypse anything (Walking Dead show, Mad Max movies, Resident Evil, Fallout) to fantasy (Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Zelda, Final Fantasy) to sci-fi (Firefly! Mass Effect, Dune series) to comics (BATMAN! Justice League, X-Men).

If it's remotely nerdy or geeky I'm probably into it or want to be LOL

Hoping to find some more MFP-active friends for mutual geekiness, support and inspiration (You guys have been my biggest heroes so far!). You can never have too much in my opinion and goodness knows some days it takes an army to pick yourself up again hehe

So feel free to add me and good luck on this epic journey!

Replies

• chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! I'm doing the 21 day fix program right now, on day 2. Trying to prep for my sisters wedding at the end of september. But I'm also just sick of eating unhealthy and being sedentary, so hoping to make it a lifestyle change.

I'm a super geek lol I'm a neuroscientist and into all things zombie, fantasy, super hero etc. But not a gamer... :)
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Neuroscientist? Ok that's gotta be one of the coolest jobs I've heard of so far hehe

Not a gamer is totally fine and I'm with you on being sick of not eating well and not being active. It's amazing how much it really drains you and makes you feel sluggish etc. Can't wait to get some energy back!

Adding you :smile:
  • alxinhim2
    alxinhim2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh man I'm always down to meet other geeks!! Nice to meet you!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm a microbiologist and my wife is a molecular biologist, I've got her all sucked into The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, but have not managed to turn her onto gaming...yet. We have three little gamers up and coming, but making sure they are active as well. Our long term goal is to do a Spartan Race as a family.

Many of the people on my friends list are getting fit to improve their cosplay.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm a geeky gamer girl who's managed to stumble and fumble on this journey more times than I can count, but still grinding it out and refusing to give up ;)

About me:

Height 5'4", CW 205lbs, GW 120-130lbs, planning to cook again (I'm a durned good cook and it's easier to make things healthy that way. Also... I'm a hobbit LOL), start the C25K program and if that doesn't kill me I'll pick up some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred as well.

I've got a wide and eclectic taste in all things geeky: from zombie/post-apocalypse anything (Walking Dead show, Mad Max movies, Resident Evil, Fallout) to fantasy (Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Zelda, Final Fantasy) to sci-fi (Firefly! Mass Effect, Dune series) to comics (BATMAN! Justice League, X-Men).

If it's remotely nerdy or geeky I'm probably into it or want to be LOL

Hoping to find some more MFP-active friends for mutual geekiness, support and inspiration (You guys have been my biggest heroes so far!). You can never have too much in my opinion and goodness knows some days it takes an army to pick yourself up again hehe

So feel free to add me and good luck on this epic journey!

I may have found my Commander Shepard! :smiley:
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @alxinhim2 There's something kinda extra fun about having more geeks on your friends list for sure. Adding you :smiley:

@CSARdiver Those are both really great TV shows, and love the dual scientist awesome. Of course when I think scientist I think Dr. Frankenstein and insane cackling but... XD A family Spartan race is a great goal to have! Added you as well.

@KeepGood You saying that makes me want to play the series again XD Jill Shepard is the only Shepard for me and the only one I ever made/used. Wonder if everyone feels that way about theirs hehe
  • KeepGood
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    @alxinhim2 There's something kinda extra fun about having more geeks on your friends list for sure. Adding you :smiley:

@CSARdiver Those are both really great TV shows, and love the dual scientist awesome. Of course when I think scientist I think Dr. Frankenstein and insane cackling but... XD A family Spartan race is a great goal to have! Added you as well.

@KeepGood You saying that makes me want to play the series again XD Jill Shepard is the only Shepard for me and the only one I ever made/used. Wonder if everyone feels that way about theirs hehe
    I've only ever had one Shepard. I started playing the first one again last week.... totally awesome :smiley:
  • enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hahahah I love it! Im a geeky gamer girl too. My BF and I would have "game date nights" where we play Civilization against each other. Love everything you are into.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Many of the people on my friends list are getting fit to improve their cosplay.

This is me, in part!

And my best buddy - and canine exercise companion - is named Frodo, so there's that.

I'm just over halfway on my weight loss journey (maintenance being a whole 'nother ball game (uhm... quidditch?)), at 50 pounds down.

• SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually call myself a nerd. I'm occasionally a gamer. Really miss tabletop gaming like dungeons and dragons. Always liked the look of world of darkness, but never played really.

Reading, too. I'm a psychology major, so I nerd out with that too.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love batman anything/everything! I do cosplay at conventions (going to Wizard World in Pittsburg next month), I read comics every Sunday (only day off from construction job), and I'm an all around geeky goddess.

When I workout, I repeat What Would Batman Do? It makes me push my hardest when I imagine Batman is watching and judging how hard I'm working out to become the next Robin. So I never give up.

I'm 5'7" and 138lbs. I don't really have a goal weight anymore since 140lbd was my old goal. I'm just working on building strength and endurance now.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I tend to geek out myself, feel free to add me.
  • N3rdy_P3ngu1n
    N3rdy_P3ngu1n Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well hello, like everyone! I'm somewhat impressed with the amount of response here so I figured I'd take a moment to say hi. I am also a super nerdy gamer girl who had struggled to keep up with her fitness...actually I'm terrible at it. As a career, I'm a hairdresser and walk a delicate line between fashion and nerdism. Instead of going out most nights like my coworkers my idea of a good time is curling up at night with a good video game. But, like my coworkers I take quite a but of pride in my appearance. I can't remember a day where I haven't had someone complement on my hair, clothes, make up, etc. (And as I just reread realized how vain that may have sounded, I promise I'm not!) With that in mind, I am constantly struggling between just hanging around and wanting to lose weight. I am hoping to find some good friends that I can keep chatting with to keep me motivated and inspired to lose weight. Anyone can feel free to add me and hopefully we can talk more!
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome. I too am a geek. I'm a science type with interests in gaming, history, beauty (yes, I geek out to it), and psych. I'm not as huge into sci-fi as many of my brethren, but have a strange fascination for fantasy and mystery. I used to devour mystery novels in my spare time. I am certainly shy, so I won't be adding anyone here, but feel free to add me.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm more of a nerd than a geek in the sense that I'm not a gamer but do like to tinker with micro-controllers. I've been on MFP for over a year and am in the second phase of my journey, which is body recomp. Trying to reveal my abs in time for Youmacon this year :) Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends.
  • jesuishennex
    jesuishennex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like, I'm a massive gamer, so feel free to add me :)
  • KeepGood
    Options
    but do like to tinker with micro-controllers
    Mind officially blown :o
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    add me :) I also describe my height as a hobbit, and started with C25K and then 30DS. Down 45 pounds with more to go. I loev walking dead, game of thrones, firefly, and doctor who (I even have a doctor who tattoo) :)
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    and youre from vancouver?? I was just there for the womens world cup final :) beauiftul city