Weird Craving

Options
Can't sleep, so I hit the gym, then started craving a salad. Thing is, I hate salad. I despise salad dressing. Hate the crispy crunch. Don't like the strong flavors of so many fresh veggies. But it was such a weird craving that I just had to do it. So I went to Walmart to buy the ingredients. Everything looked good, so I just went a bit crazy.

Red bell pepper
Anaheim pepper
Celery
Baby carrots
Fresh pineapple
Baby bella mushrooms
Organic spring mix greens
Frozen grilled chicken

Made a dressing with just lemon juice and olive oil. Sliced all the veggies super thin, to cut down the crunch factor. I still only managed to eat about 1/2 - 3/4 of it, but it certainly hit the spot... before my dislike of salad kicked in. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy them on a regular basis. ;)

What kinds of weird cravings do you get when exercising? Usually I just want meat, or maybe chocolate. But I also usually don't workout this late/early.

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Salad is my most favourite food- always has been since I was a child. I eat one every day and look forward to it. My weirdest craving was for a burger
    -a good quality, home made thick one. I never liked them at all before !
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I wish I could crave a salad - still chocolate and donuts for me! ;)
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've been craving and eating a lot of pasta Alfredo with about a .25 cup of Cheyenne pepper powder, some paprika, chili powder, topped with fresh tomatoes and green onions. Probably doesn't sound good but it really is, if you like spicy foods.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love salad with Greek yogurt!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Quite often I crave salads and steamed veggies ... even when I'm eating lots of steamed veggies.

This weekend I craved roasted veggies, so we had that on Sunday.

In the beginning I craved bread. Didn't used to eat much bread until that bread craving kicked in, then I about doubled the amount of bread I was eating.

And all of a sudden these days I'm craving biscuits (scones). I haven't done anything about that craving yet.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What kinds of weird cravings do you get when exercising? Usually I just want meat, or maybe chocolate. But I also usually don't workout this late/early.

I don't really have any cravings related to exercise.
    I did crave salad (cobb salad usually) intensely when I was pregnant many years ago. I do like salads but I think that was the only time I really craved them.

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever had a craving for salad, but I do enjoy them.

If I have a craving (they aren't that common for me) it is typically for things like ice cream, mud slide, some junk food from the freezer isle, chips, chocolate, or something else like that.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I crave eggs. It's.... strange.

I also crave acidic things like vinegar, pickles, balsamic.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you are finally paying attention to your body's desire for vitamins and micronutrients? I changes from 60 ounces of Pepsi and chocolate daily to craving the vinegar of kale salad 17 days later. Your tastes do change, I prefer my vegan salads to chef salad with ham, bacon and eggs.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant weird. I chew/eat Alka Seltzer every once in awhile. Now that's weird :)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you are finally paying attention to your body's desire for vitamins and micronutrients? I changes from 60 ounces of Pepsi and chocolate daily to craving the vinegar of kale salad 17 days later. Your tastes do change, I prefer my vegan salads to chef salad with ham, bacon and eggs.

Oh, no. I always do that, which is why I ate the salad. I like fruits vegetables, just not usually raw. And If I do eat them raw, I tend to eat them separately, since I don't like the interplay between the different textures. I buy bags of things like sugar snap peas to snack on. Love 'em.

@withaflourish Well, it was weird for me! :)

@sunparakeet I try to have Brussels sprouts at least once a week. I absolutely love them!
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was only joking- I can see where that would be weird too :)
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just all of sudden I started craving spaghetti squash last week...not that weird, I guess, but I haven't eaten ANY type of squash in like 5 years, lol. So tonight I'm having spaghetti squash alfredo for dinner---yumm! :)