Stomach roll? Anybody else develop it after weight loss?

Did any of you get a stomach roll after losing weight?
I never had, and I still don't, have stomach rolls of fat, but I noticed something new happening recently. When I stand or sit straight, everything's fine, but if I'm in a crouched position, I get a stomach roll where there's like a crease in the middle of my stomach.
I just find it weird because when I was heavier, I promise I never had that happen to me before. Leaning or not, I just had a blob of a stomach that was quite firm and non-rolly (if that makes any sense xD). I only noticed it happening a few days ago when I sat down to study, and it's taking some getting used to. Is this a good sign that my workouts are going well (I'm on a journey to a toned tummy!) or does this just happen as some of us lose weight? Also, I don't think it's extra skin. I've never been morbidly obese, and I've seen what loose skin looks like.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    If it's what I think, I'm pretty sure it's 100% normal.

Like this (not me. just a quick google search):
    69aacf6dfb8c84c4c9c4b0639a93ad2c.jpg
    or this:
    276760339571508734_UHWLldVv_c.jpg
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Sounds like loose skin. As you continue to eat healthy and exercise, this should diminish over time.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Sounds like loose skin. As you continue to eat healthy and exercise, this should diminish over time.
    @Optimistical1 - I think she's talking about not sitting up straight and the crease that most people (even people who have never been overweight or obese or had to lose weight) will get.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    I think everyone has that
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    That's normal because there has to be some allowance in order to bend as a human.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Sounds pretty normal.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I noticed last week that my stomach, which usually poked completely out, now has an indentation at my navel. It's weird to see it. I'm assuming it means that I'm losing weight around my hips?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Neldabg, I'm betting you just noticed it for the first time but it was already there. I don't think it developed from losing weight.

You probably just noticed it because you're thinking more about your body and its changing while on a weight loss program.

Either way, congrats on your weight loss!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Neldabg, I'm betting you just noticed it for the first time but it was already there. I don't think it developed from losing weight.

You probably just noticed it because you're thinking more about your body and its changing while on a weight loss program.

Either way, congrats on your weight loss!

Wow. This makes a lot of sense. I wonder now what other things are not new, but rather are more noticeable.
    Thanks. ^_^
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member

or this:
    Thanks for the photos! It's good to know that this a majorly common thing.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    happygalah wrote: »
    That's normal because there has to be some allowance in order to bend as a human.

This. It sounds like the extra skin required to allow your torso to bend.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    neldabg wrote: »

or this:

The only place it isn't common is in magazines and a-z list celebrity selfies ...and that's just because of Photoshop
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The only place it isn't common is in magazines and a-z list celebrity selfies ...and that's just because of Photoshop

SNORT!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »

or this:

Lol yep.