1200 calorie per day diet

Options
hi guys! i am trying to lose weight by sticking to 1200 calories per day.. has anyone else had good results with a similar caloric goal?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of things - you've left a lot of context out. For example, what's your current height, weight, and activity level?

For some people, a 1200 calorie diet is appropriate, for others not so much.
  • melvansmith
    melvansmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i am currently 1.65m, weighing 52kg and do absolutely no exercise :/ what do you think?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    i am currently 1.65m, weighing 52kg and do absolutely no exercise :/ what do you think?

I think you probably don't need to lose weight, but maybe could benefit from eating a bit more and incorporating some resistance training into your daily routine to try to build a bit of muscle and work on body composition.
  • parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1.65 m for 52 kg? Are you sure that you need to lose weight? Maybe you should keep a normal diet and exercise a bit rather to tone your body.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You are already on the low end of a healthy BMI. Losing weight isn't needed. If you build some muscle and work on body compostion like Juggernaut1974 said, you'll be much happier.

You don't need a diet, you need a heavy lifting plan.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the posters above. You are fine in weight. If you lack muscle tone, then you need to build up your muscles. Eat at maintenance for your height and weight and do weights. Focus on building your muscles, which means protein and exercise. You will recomp your body and it will make you look skinnier, but without losing the weight.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I think you probably don't need to lose weight, but maybe could benefit from eating a bit more and incorporating some resistance training into your daily routine to try to build a bit of muscle and work on body composition.

This^^

You're looking for a recomp, not actually losing weight.
  • melvansmith
    melvansmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks guys... will focus on muscle toning. will home exercises like sit ups, squats, push ups (the usual) work for that?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    thanks guys... will focus on muscle toning. will home exercises like sit ups, squats, push ups (the usual) work for that?

Look into an actual body weight program.

You are your own gym, convict conditioning, etc....

Sit-ups don't do what you think they do.