Searching for any MFP Vegans out there

Options
I've gone vegan for Veganuary, and I do plan on staying vegan now after January.
I'm trying to find more ideas for vegan dishes, and make a few supportive friends of both vegan and nonvegan variety while here on MFP and I thought posting this here might be okay (I hope it is-- sorry if it isn't).

Replies

• samanthastavitz
    samanthastavitz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • danimashx
    danimashx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm one!
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try the "Oh She Glows" cookbook. I have tried 80% of her recipes and LOVE all of them! Simple, delicious and vegan!!
  • swearbyit
    swearbyit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan if you would like to add me! unfortunately my food log is pretty uninspiring at the minute as I'm eating a pretty minimal variety whilst dealing with digestion issues but still, if you need any advice on veganism let me know
  • kjflaherty
    kjflaherty Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm here, add me :)
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've done the same eating a vegan diet for January. I'm mostly veg as it is so not a big change. My diary is open. Lately I'm cooking out of the Happy Herbivore cookbooks and love them but I love Oh She Glows as well.
  • Mazirene
    Mazirene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vegan for some years now. You can add me too.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not Veggie or Vegan, but my wife is Pescatarian. That being said, we probably eat vegetarian 4 times a week (might contain cheese), fish 1 or 2 times a week and maybe land creatures the remainder.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Transitioning to vegan, anyone can add me!
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm vegan, feel free to add me :) One of my favourite cookbooks is "thug kitchen"-- the book is about $30 i think but i'm pretty sure you can get all the recipes online :)
  • AoifeElmo
    AoifeElmo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan too
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello there
    I am making the switch to vegan and would like to have a good support system. Feel free to add me. :)
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a lot of vegan food for medical reasons (intolerant to meat, dairy and eggs) but I do eat fish and honey occasionally so don't consider myself Vegan.

Even so I've learned to cook Vegan food and adapt to get nutrition healthy, so feel free to add me.
  • GogoGirlBA
    GogoGirlBA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been veganism for 4+ years, sometimes raw vegan. There are tons recipes online. No need to buy cook books. You do need to take B12 supplement.
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan :) was veggie for 20yrs and have now been vegan for 5mths. My partner is omni, but eats veggie/vegan at home, and my kids are all veggie but my youngest two who I cook for (big kids eat what they want) eat vegan apart from the very occasional egg and one of them has the odd bit of dairy (other one is intolerant) so we cook a wide range of vegan meals. Saying that, I'd say the best place to find recipes is Pinterest! I have a few vegan cook books, but I tend to just read them out of interest. The recipes I tend to use are either from Pinterest or the Forks Over Knives app - definitely worth buying
  • eatearth
    eatearth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, vegan here! Well, off and on vegan - I eat vegan about 90% of the time but then I find myself eating a non-vegan meal about two or three times a month. So hardcore vegans would probably challenge me but I'm happy with it :smiley: Add me, I could also use a fellow motivator!