Balanced macro breakfast ideas (BESIDES EGGS)

Options
beckyhauser
beckyhauser Posts: 34 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Almost every morning I have the same breakfast (1 egg, 1 egg white -scrambled, slice of pepper jack cheese and a bagel thin - makes an awesome egg sandwich, and blueberries on the side. It fits my macros perfectly. But I'm looking for some other ideas. Preferably around the 300 calorie range. Thanks!!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    A bowl of fiber one cereal with blueberries?
    There is no added sugar in that cereal, and it has almost 50% of your daily fiber. Colon blow.
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/colon-blow/n9822
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yogurt Parfait: Greek yogurt, berries, FiberOne and chopped nuts. Kashi Go Lean (original) works well too.

Oatmeal (made with milk) stir in chopped nuts or nut butter.
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    A bowl of fiber one cereal with blueberries?
    There is no added sugar in that cereal, and it has almost 50% of your daily fiber. Colon blow.
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/colon-blow/n9822

Not sure about fiber one ;) ... but I'll give it a try. Thanks!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Yogurt Parfait: Greek yogurt, berries, FiberOne and chopped nuts. Kashi Go Lean (original) works well too.

Oatmeal (made with milk) stir in chopped nuts or nut butter.

Good suggestions! Thanks!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The trick is to find a replaceable protein. My thought is nuts, Greek Yogurt, or a meat of some kind like sausage or ham. Oatmeal has a little more protein than your average cereal. My go-to cereal is steel-cut oats with Greek Yogurt and fruit (whatever is on hand).

Excluding eggs you may have to settle for a less than perfect macro profile.
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    True. I might have to settle for something less balanced every so often. Good point. But I like your suggestions. Thanks!!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    That's easy! Bulletproof Coffee!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    One serving of oats cooked with almond milk with 3/4 of a scoop of protein powder with a few almonds. That's about 315 calories, 33 carbs, 10 fat, 24 protein, 5 fiber.

I love Weetabix with some Greek yogurt and berries too.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Since you like breakfast sandwiches, something like mix and match bread of choice (wrap, English muffin, etc.) with protein of choice (ham, chicken, bacon, pepperoni, etc.), cheese of choice (cream cheese, mozzarella, pepper jack, muenster, cottage, farmers, etc.) and berries of choice (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)

Try savory for breakfast, it really opens up a lot of possibilities in the balanced <300 range, including leftovers, hearty soups, etc.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Bacon toasted sandwich with ketchup

Not sure if it's balanced but really who cares

I generally have a bacon and egg toasted sandwich but that's more like 450 calories and has egg in it
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love eggs for breakfast but have been experimenting with smoothies recently, fruit, almond milk, occasionally some veggies, protein powder and chia seeds. I might add Greek yogurt when I have it as well. Most are normally under 300 calories
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Black beans with sharp cheddar cheese: carbs, protein, fat.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal or Go Lean Crunch with berries and plain greek yogurt. I don't really like savory foods in the morning.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with a scoop or half a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

Plain oatmeal with protein powder.

Greek yogurt and fruit.

One Eggo with peanut butter and a glass of OJ.

Special K Protein cereal with soy or almond milk.

Um...that's all I got that are eggless. Super quick and easy, tasty, and all under 300 calories. I am a super fan of breakfasts that can be made and consumed in under 5 minutes...
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    Plain Greek yogurt with a scoop or half a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

Plain oatmeal with protein powder.

Greek yogurt and fruit.

One Eggo with peanut butter and a glass of OJ.

Special K Protein cereal with soy or almond milk.

Um...that's all I got that are eggless. Super quick and easy, tasty, and all under 300 calories. I am a super fan of breakfasts that can be made and consumed in under 5 minutes...

Great suggestion!! Thanks!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    Since you like breakfast sandwiches, something like mix and match bread of choice (wrap, English muffin, etc.) with protein of choice (ham, chicken, bacon, pepperoni, etc.), cheese of choice (cream cheese, mozzarella, pepper jack, muenster, cottage, farmers, etc.) and berries of choice (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)

Try savory for breakfast, it really opens up a lot of possibilities in the balanced <300 range, including leftovers, hearty soups, etc.

Great idea to just switch up the sandwhich and fruit combos. Love it. Wasn't thinking like that, but great idea!!
  • beckyhauser
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    One serving of oats cooked with almond milk with 3/4 of a scoop of protein powder with a few almonds. That's about 315 calories, 33 carbs, 10 fat, 24 protein, 5 fiber.

I love Weetabix with some Greek yogurt and berries too.

Good suggestion. Thanks!!