Breakfast under 280 calories

Options
Guys could you help me, I don't know what to eat for breakfast which is under at least 280 calories but I won't be hungry right away I finished

Replies

• squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with fruit toppings usually does the trick for me! either original instant oats = 100 cals or regular dry oats =150 cals plus half a serving of berries or banana slices or apple chunks with a couple grams of raisins. usually at 200 cal or less. or you can have eggs, i like scrambled egg whites or 2 whole eggs scrambled and a half portion of oats with whatever topping & a bit of fruit. that usually keeps me pretty full, plus drinking water.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like GoLean with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I find that I get a lot of bang for my calorie buck with that combination.

I also like this recipe: http://www.emilybites.com/2011/10/sausage-egg-cheese-hash-brown-cups.html. You get two muffins for less than 280. I find them filling, but sometimes add a side of fruit (still less than 280 total).

Also use egg whites to beef up an omelet. I like to do spinach, tomatoes, three egg whites, and one egg. You can add a side of whole grain toast, a corn tortilla, fruit, or even bacon and still keep it under 280 calories.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    40g of any whole wheat cereal + 80g berries + 80g 2% Greek Yoghurt

2 egg mushroom omelette + tomatoes + 1 slice wholemeal toast with 5g low fat spread

40g oatmeal porridge made with skimmed milk + 65g sliced banana

Fried egg, 2 rashers back bacon, grilled tomatoes, 1 small slice toast with 5g low fat spread

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can make a pretty decent sized breakfast burrito for 250 calories on a low carb/high fiber wrap. I scramble egg whites, center cut bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach and top with cheese for just about 150 cals. Change up the fillings and you can definitely get around 250.
  • SharpTeeth
    SharpTeeth Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My quick and easies:

Egg sandwich-> Bagel thin, egg (2, even, for that calorie allowance), a slice and a half of bacon. Coffee.
    Waffle-> Whole wheat eggo waffle, 2 eggs, slice of bacon. Coffee.
    Oatmeal-> Quaker quick oats, 1tbsp crunchy peanut butter, raisins, flax seed, maple syrup, cinnamon. Coffee.
    Protein shake + Muffin-> What it says. If I'm on the rush such that sugar is not a problem, I grab a homemade muffin.

The healthiest? No, but they get me through the morning and don't take much time.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Guys could you help me, I don't know what to eat for breakfast which is under at least 280 calories but I won't be hungry right away I finished

Check my diary I love breakfast!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have an oatmeal packet the protein kind with banana and chia seeds keeps me happy for a good 3 to 4 hours.
  • sjevans4
    sjevans4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Overnight oatmeal w/ fresh fruit.

1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
    1/4 cup of rolled oats
    1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    1/4 cup of fruit
    1/3 cup of lowfat milk
    t tbl spoon of Chia seeds
    Honey or sweetner of your choice

Mix all together in a container and refrigerate overnight. It's yummy and you can play around with the different flavors.

• sjevans4
    sjevans4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also drink green smoothies for breakfast. Use greek yogurt, chia seeds, flax seeds, or peanut butter to make it more filling.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals. I eat a 2 egg vegetable omelet which is about 250 calories or less, but I usually add fruit and dairy or smoked salmon to raise the calories to 350, as that's my goal for breakfast.

Similarly I occasionally have steel cut oats plus berries and protein powder (about 280 calories or less) plus veg and smoked salmon or cottage cheese on the side (for at least 350 calories).
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup cottage cheese with a cup of drained (in it's own juice) pineapple tidbits gets me pretty far.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Porridge is the only breakfast that fills me up made with milk easily low cal :) under 280
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My strawberry smoothie is under 200 calories, and under 280 if I add whey protein. With a big cup of coffee, I'm good till lunch.

140g frozen strawberries
    70g water (adjust to your preferred thickness)
    20g honey
    115g 2% Greek yogurt
    20g whey protein (optional)

Blend everything till smooth. If it's not sweet enough, blend in a packet of artificial sweetener or add more honey (count the calories, though!)
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with cinnamon or a pumpkin pie spice blend sprinkled into it with a banana (I chop the banana up and mix it into the oatmeal, but I know some people don't like to mix their foods). Greek yogurt, with a banana and/or a couple tablespoons of granola. A fried egg, veggie sausage (or turkey sausage), and a piece of Babybel is also a breakfast I've enjoyed frequently without having to severely restrict later in the day.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Every day I have an English muffin, slice of non fat processed cheese, 1/3 cup egg white fried with a tiny bit of margarine....under 280 calories. I often add 100 g of a fruit and this just pushes past 300 calories....of course I also have a espresso.
  • salsup317
    salsup317 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, one whole egg and two egg white, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, and a roma tomato sliced up. Very filling, and under 250 calories, so you could always add another veg or fruit
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to make a breakfast but I do a meal replacement shake that is exactly 280 calories and keeps me satisfied until lunch. 36 grams protein, 21 grams carbs, and 6 grams fiber. Super simple
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Three eggs scrambled with a TBSP of bacon bits = 245 cal

Kroger Ham, egg, cheese english muffin = 210 cal (comes frozen) I thaw it out in the fridge the night before and it nukes in 45 seconds.
  • ftbllguy05
    ftbllguy05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually make my breakfast when I'm already at work, thus I relegated to what I can conjure up in a microwave. That being said, I have a pack of apple cinnamon Quaker instant oatmeal, made with about 3/4 carton of skim milk. The milk makes it richer, adds a few calories, and holds me over longer. It's about 190 calories by my count. You could even add a piece of fresh fruit to your meal and still be about 280.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is great, can do plenty of mix ins like apples, banana a couple nuts. Always filling.