Sugar Free in 2016

Options
jgeathers
jgeathers Posts: 12 Member
So here's the thing... I am addicted to sugar. I've tried to only have it in moderation but that doesn't work. I believe it's killing me. I'm constantly sick, having migraines, overweight, can't get quality sleep and have an overall rundown feeling. All that said, I am looking for an accountability partner. Someone who is also struggling but committed to giving up all added, processed sugars and artificial sweeteners. If you're interested please message me!

Replies

• BALNRG
    BALNRG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sugar is addictive. Which means it's hard to stop. However, with support, encouragement, and understanding what your cravings mean will help you jumpstart your journey. It can be done. I've attached a photo that maybe helpful for you. I will help and encourage you as much as I can. I'll add you as well. 8fg14v0z2nv3.jpeg
  • lacmoser
    lacmoser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I need to cut down or out my artificial sweeteners. Lots of protein helps with sugar cravings.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm liking that chart. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    ArynJoi wrote: »
    Sugar is addictive. Which means it's hard to stop. However, with support, encouragement, and understanding what your cravings mean will help you jumpstart your journey. It can be done. I've attached a photo that maybe helpful for you. I will help and encourage you as much as I can. I'll add you as well. 8fg14v0z2nv3.jpeg

Thanks for the chart. I left off sugar and grains starting Oct 2014 and my health has greatly improved, 40 years of IBS is gone and my blood work and weight at 65 are better then when I was 45.
  • jgeathers
    Options
    ArynJoi wrote: »

Thank you so much for sharing that information and for your support!!!
  • jgeathers
    Options
    lacmoser wrote: »
    I'm in, I need to cut down or out my artificial sweeteners. Lots of protein helps with sugar cravings.

Yay!!! We can do this together!! :D
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 45 days soda free, now to work on the other types of sugars.
  • samanthafanning290
    samanthafanning290 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll help. I've been totally sugar free, grain free and dairy free for 25 days :-)

Before that I didn't consume a whole lot of excess sugar but I was getting into old habits of loving cookies - so I'll help you!!
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hypoglycemic and have trouble feeling well after eating sugar so I avoid it and have been doing SO much better. For me, eating sugar comes along with eating bread and dairy usually, both of which I need to avoid. Pledging a sugar and artificial sweetener free 2016!
  • mayaranee
    mayaranee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in also. I've been trying to eliminate sugar since Jan 1st and I was only successfully for 2 weeks. It's good to know that I'm not alone.
  • torifyne
    torifyne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being type2 diabetic, it's really a struggle for me, i love my coffee (decaf), i use sugar free creamer (hazelnut) only to turn around and put artificial sugar in it.....i need help with this :-)
  • jgeathers
    Options
    It's so hard! Especially because sugar is in EVERYTHING!!
  • jgeathers
    Options
    I'll help. I've been totally sugar free, grain free and dairy free for 25 days :-)

Before that I didn't consume a whole lot of excess sugar but I was getting into old habits of loving cookies - so I'll help you!!

That's so awesome and inspiring!!!
  • jgeathers
    Options
    I'm in! 45 days soda free, now to work on the other types of sugars.

Soda is my weakness too!! 45 days is incredible!!
  • mayaranee
    mayaranee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do today? I didn't do so well. My husband brought home mini powdered donuts and I had two. I need to learn how to resist the temptation.
  • justrying2015
    Options
    I think I had a good day Friday, breakfast and lunch was sugar free but dinner was a different story, a slice of marble pound cake.

• janellemcateer
    janellemcateer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Having been trying to cut out the sugar recently but not lasting very long. What does everybody drink that's sugar free? I had been drinking flavored water but hadn't realised it too was full of sugar! Not keen on artificial sweeteners but I need some flavor!
  • Saxonvoter
    Saxonvoter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll join too! I official started heavily cutting down my sugar consumption today. Earlier this week I stopped drinking soda and ate my last sweets. I'm doing this with my friend who's aiming for 6 more weeks (she's been relatively sugar free for a week already) I'm aiming for at least 8 weeks. And this "sugar ban" includes all kinds of foods like processed ready meals, yogurts with added sugar, etc. Afterwards I might continue for longer or introduce sugar in tiny moderation.
  • justrying2015
    Options
    Beginning of a new week:
    Sunday no sugar
    Monday no sugar
  • bubblyjoshua
    bubblyjoshua Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!