Do I need to be under a certain BMI to have sexy arms?

Options
mkh858
mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
I've started working out about 14 weeks ago, my legs are starting to look nice and tone. Now I wany sexy toned arms. I'm curious though I'm Female 65" 213lbs. Will only weight loss make my arms look lean and tone? I have a lot of weight to lose still but I never had toned looking arms before

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Lift weights. Eat at a calorie deficit.
    Persist.

It will happen.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm the wrong person to ask. I swim 3 - 5 miles a week, and still have bat wings from hell.
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm the wrong person to ask. I swim 3 - 5 miles a week, and still have bat wings from hell.

Haha, love how you call them bat wings...yes, you described my arms perfectly
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight, do resistance training that includes your arms and be patient.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have lost 66lb and have a BMI of 22. I am 5'7" and weigh 148lb. I have been doing resistance work and am happy with most of me - well, as happy as being 52, having pushed out and fed two babies and got the loose skin I deserve allows me to be. My arms seem to be the last to go. I think it's partly genetic; thanks, Mum x
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sexy arms? Hmmm
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Women have different body type such as pear shaped so big bum/smaller breasts and arms or some have big breasts and big arms/small bum so depending or your body shape it will be easier/harder to get thin arms. I'm not sure about BMI but for me at over 25 my arms are bigger but at about 23 BMI they would be slimmer but I am peared shaped. (There are other body types too...)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    BMI is largely irrelevant to "tone" (which I assume you are using to refer to muscle definition). It's really body fat percentage.

As others have alluded to, genetics also plays a role in which features become "tone" more easily. My arms have great muscle tone, but I'll probably never have a flat stomach with washboard abs.