It says I'm not eating enough?

Options
Normally if I'm not hungry I figure "There's no point in consuming extra calories if you don't need to." But 3 days this week it says I didn't eat enough. It gives me 1,800 cals to lose 0.5 lbs. However i'm honestly just maintaining but just playing it safe. I'm 6'0, 135 lbs, male, If any experienced users can go to my food diary and give me advice on what I should eat more/less (Fats,Carbs,Protein,Sugar) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Wait, you mean 135 lbs or 135 kg? Is that a typo? At your height and weight you are under weight and should be trying to gain, not lose.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Absolutely eat more. Of everything. You're underweight. You're going to lose muscle at the amount you're eating.
  • Deoxzi
    Deoxzi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 lbs but ever since I lost all my weight I get paranoid about gaining. Also I don't have a lot of muscle mass so I feel like that's why i only weigh 135
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Deoxzi wrote: »
    @elphie754 lbs but ever since I lost all my weight I get paranoid about gaining. Also I don't have a lot of muscle mass so I feel like that's why i only weigh 135

I think you might need to speak with someone about your fear of gaining
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you're doing much worse things to your body and your mind than gaining a few pounds would be. I'd highly suggest talking to a professional about your fears. You might look into strength training, too, but you'd definitely need to eat more to have any success at it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5"8 woman, and look sickly skinny at your weight. You need to eat more and gain some much needed weight. If you find that mentally/physically impossible to do, then please make an appointment with your doctor.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    As others have said - it's right. You're not a healthy weight for your height at all. The fact that you're scared of eating more is a big red flag. You need to seek some assistance before you do yourself some real damage.
  • Deoxzi
    Deoxzi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Guys, really do appreciate it. But with all due respect, I feel as if seeking professional help is a complete and utter exaggeration. I didn't mean I get paranoid to the point where I refuse to eat. I think most people wouldn't really fathom the idea of gaining weight. But if that would be my best overall option, then so be it. No professional help needed here.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Deoxzi wrote: »
    Guys, really do appreciate it. But with all due respect, I feel as if seeking professional help is a complete and utter exaggeration. I didn't mean I get paranoid to the point where I refuse to eat. I think most people wouldn't really fathom the idea of gaining weight. But if that would be my best overall option, then so be it. No professional help needed here.

You are underweight (BMI of 18.3), have said your goal is to lose more weight and are afraid to gain. All of these are red flags that indicate you have an unhealthy relationship with food. Most people with eating disorders don't think they have an issue with food and think they are fine and don't think they need professional help, even when they do.

I think you are incorrect. You don't have to refuse to eat to have an eating disorder. The fact that you are under weight and still attempting to lose more is a gigantic red flag. You should talk to a professional.

In complete agreement with these statements/posts.

OP I looked at some of the days on your diary... You are eating less than 1200 calories most days. You need to heed the advice given here and get some professional help. I mean this in all seriousness, you are going to do quite a bit of irreversible damage if you keep at this. the short term side effects and issues will turn into long term issues.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    1200 is the lowest number of calories anyone should consume per day. At your size you should be using nearer to the 1800 recommended when you filled out your profile.

Your diet seems mostly comprised of meat and vegetables, and way too low on carbohydrates.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal weight and I'm 6 inches shorter than you.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You are underweight and yet you are trying to lose weight...clearly you have some issues with your body and you do need professional help, sorry if that offends you but its not an exaggeration. You aren't going to find it on the internet, consult with your physician. I'm not sure what advice you are expecting as a 6' tall 135 pound man looking to "lose weight" with a BMI that is in the underweight danger zone already.

What are you trying to accomplish?