Fitness tech - headphones

Options
Not sure where the best place is for this. I'm now fed up of using my old, iPhone issued earphones and am looking to get one or two headphones for use while training.

For Running and in the gym
Does anyone know/use blue tooth headphones for running? (which do you use?) and does this mean you don't need to take your phone with you (I have an iPhone).
Is it possible to link a bluetooth headphones to the iwatch

In the pool
Has any of you used waterproof headphones while swimming?
any recommendations please or feedback on use...I don't want to burn money so keen to get this right.

Replies

• linarex
    linarex Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of bluetooth headphones myself. They still connect to your phone (through bluetooth), so you need to have your phone with you. But it is quite nice to not have the cords in the way, and to not accidentally hit the cord and send my phone flying at the gym (which had happened twice in the week prior to my purchase). I got some that are Jam from Target, they were on the middle/low end of the price range but they work great for me.

Not sure about your other questions, though, good luck!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm not a swimmer but i have a friend who is. They actually store music on them so all you need are the headphones and you don't have to worry about how close you are to your phone. She recommends these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015R34PHS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474849414&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=swimming+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41x9TpXCIkL&ref=plSrch

I'm a runner and I lift at the gym. I use Bluetooth headphones but I do have to keep my phone nearby. However, I can control volume, pause, skip songs, answer calls with these headphones. They are Tao Tronics and never fall out of my ears either. I keep my phone in my hydration belt or running belt when running outside since I hate having the phone strapped to my arms.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BV2BPVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1474849245&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=tao+tronics+bluetooth+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41n4HODIEiL&ref=plSrch

Hope that helps...
  • tanyaltrl
    tanyaltrl Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I used Jaybird X2 earphones for my half marathon and loved how they fit snug to back of my head and stayed in my ears. Although there wasnt a button for song changing you could access siri with one of the buttons
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    tanyaltrl wrote: »
    I used Jaybird X2 earphones for my half marathon and loved how they fit snug to back of my head and stayed in my ears. Although there wasnt a button for song changing you could access siri with one of the buttons[/quote]

Are you sure? On Android with the original Jaybird X you press and hold the volume buttons to skip to the previous/next song.

BTW - I have had no luck with the Jaybirds. My original pair quit working after 6 months. The replacement pair just quit after 13 months.