New rinor string curves?

Options
Which one should I get? I have dumbells (up to 22kg per hand) and a bench at home, along with kettlebells up to 20kg. I train with kettlebells and not followed a structured lifting plan before

Replies

• halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I mean 'New Rules of Lifting for Women OR Strong Curves. I think I need to go to bed. Wonder if I can edit the title...anyone?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I mean 'New Rules of Lifting for Women OR Strong Curves. I think I need to go to bed. Wonder if I can edit the title...anyone?

It's been over one hour, so I don't think you can edit but you could flag your post and ask the Mod to edit for you :D
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Personally, I'd start with NROLFW then move on to SC.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You also might get more responses if you post in the fitness forum. I'm not intimately familiar with these so can't advise.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I prefer SC as far as programming goes but both are good books.

SC has 1 full body 12 week bodyweight program, 2 full body 12 week weightlifting programs, 1 lower body 12 week weightlifting program, and a template to build your own program.

NROLFW has 7 4 week phases, which include some bodyweight work and a phase devoted to getting pull ups.

Both books have great exercise glossaries.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I own both books. I read through them both and decided that Strong Curves was a better fit for me, NROLFW seemed a bit complicated but also because I workout at home with very limited equipment. But maybe look through them both and see which one speaks to you? It would be interesting to hear from people who have done both.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have both books and prefer Strong Curves programming. NROL made my head hurt, it was too fiddly.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I bought both and found Strong Curves better suited for me. I'm actually on my second round right now.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm doing strong curves for the second time and I'm finding my body is so much stronger. Gained some weight from bad eating after the first round, but I'm finding after 1 month in the second round im seeing results faster. I love the layout and it's extremely easy to follow. I've improved my form the second time around also.