Women over 45 Support/Motivation for 2017-Happy New Year!

Options
beaches222
beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
Looking for support from women over 45 as it seems our journey is a little different once we hit mid 40's. Maybe we can support each other with support and issues we women struggle with and share tips and helpful ideas.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. What is so different after 40?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    46 and haven't had problems with weight loss. Sorry.
  • kommodevaran
    edited January 2017
    Options
    beaches222 wrote: »

First make up your mind how old you are. Your profile says you are 25 years old and a male
    That's why I wrote my age and gender in "About Me:" ;)
  • beaches222
    Options

First make up your mind how old you are. Your profile says you are 25 years old and a male

So I am confused why are you here....GOODBYE
  • beaches222
    Options
    ckwynne_1 wrote: »
    I'm in. I'm 56 and fighting weight loss for 10 years now and I'm so sick of it. I would like support and to support others in my age group because weight loss is different after after 40.

Yes the journey is very different when you hit the 40's. I have really never had a issue until I ran into issues with my back so now I am unable to move like i used too. The scale keeps going up so that is why I made this post cause after 40 some not only struggle with weight loss but we have other issues that may keep us from the gym or moving like we should. Good luck to you on your Journey in 2017.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

So I am confused why are you here....GOODBYE

I AM 46 AND A WOMAN and I haven't had any trouble losing weight beofre or after 40. I explained and then you said goodbye, that doesn't seem very nice. So, now I'm confused too.
    1207k Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. After years of abusing my back in the nursing field, I can not move as well as I would like. I am starting with some physical therapy for knee pain. My goal is to get back into gentle yoga a few times a week and walking and hiking again. And yes, It does get more difficult to maintain after 45.
  • SLPNY
    SLPNY Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am here for support. Weight loss difficulties after 40 are often plagued with many issues (hormones just to name one!). Please send a request if you want an accountability partner! I struggle with hypothyroidism and type 2 diabetes. This year my health is my #1 priority. I plan to lose #30 lbs by summer. I will be using Atkins and alternate day fasting as recommended by my Endocrinologist along with moderate exercise 4-5 times weekly (minimum).
  • tenniskad
    tenniskad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I am committed to getting healthy. I have always thought I can do this on my own, but I realize I do need support. I am going to eat healthy with lower carbs and high protein. I love to juice as well and I really do try to eat organic. I'm all in- plus I'm a great friend and live to see other women succeed !
  • mollyizzy
    mollyizzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and feeling stuck after a challenging 2016. I'm looking to give and receive support in my journey to improved health. Trying to make it less about the number on the scale and even appearance. I just need to feel lighter and better.
  • tenniskad
    tenniskad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the way you think !
  • OliveVerde
    OliveVerde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I may just quietly lurk but I am in. Just turned 48 and find myself watching the scale go the wrong way. I am tired and need to get some #s off in order to regain some energy. I know I have used food as a crutch in the last couple years, undoing that is going to be empowering.
  • tfabs8665
    tfabs8665 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in!!
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in. I have been struggling the last few years. My weight isn't budging much at all. I tried it alone and that didn't work so now I am trying to do it with friends. I need to get my cholesterol down now. Hoping that will happen once I lose about 40 pounds.
  • lcatala2012
    lcatala2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and need to lose over a hundred lbs. The healthy eating part I understand and know what to do. What I a having struggles with is the exercise. I have arthritis in my back, hips and knees so movement can be a problem. Does anyone know of a gentle exercise cd or website that I can start slowly with?
  • Borrowed_time
    Borrowed_time Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in, turn 49 next week and need some help to restart my weightloss after injuries and surgeries (2 knee replacements)..
  • vickip13
    vickip13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 44 and have lost 30 lbs in 2013 using MFP. Since then I have moved and have had stressful job and my 3 kids are much more busy. All in all these are the reasons I blame for regain. But I have found weight loss not so easy now. I am looking for support. Can I join even though I am 1 year too young :)