Weight gain journey w/ apetamin

Options
Just started taking the apetamin syrup. Trying to gain weight. A little bit about myself, I'm Keeda I've always been very slim in other words "skinny minny". I'm currently 105 lbs. this is even after having 5 children. I've probably tried all the ways there are to gain weight. Nothing has seemed to work. Did some searching and found this syrup apetamin so I did some researching and seen results. I'm a pharmacy tech so I know the ingredients and also talked to my pharmacist. So it's safe. So basically like I said I'm trying to gain weight and if anyone else is doing the same and maybe can give some advice about what to eat and what not, I still want to be healthy I will be working out during my journey. Any one who would be supportive and encouraging just let me know or if anyone else is taking apetamin let me know what your going through and how it's working for you.
Thanks

Replies

• Coop_Fit
    Coop_Fit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, you are not alone I am taking Apetamin myself and have been taking it since November 14th. It does boost your appetite and try it to eat any and everything because you will get a gut, that is what happened to me. I eat pretty healthy but when I first started taking it I was eating everything. Eat things like Oatmeal, avacado, mixed nuts, peanut or almond butter, drink protein shakes and also try Nutritional Shakes. I like the Walgreens brand. Also, make sure you are working out. I hope this wasn't a whole lot to take in. If you have any other questions just let me know.
  • keedabecker1227
    keedabecker1227 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice. Good to know someone else is going through the same process.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie surplus.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just started taking the apetamin syrup. Trying to gain weight. A little bit about myself, I'm Keeda I've always been very slim in other words "skinny minny". I'm currently 105 lbs. this is even after having 5 children. I've probably tried all the ways there are to gain weight. Nothing has seemed to work. Did some searching and found this syrup apetamin so I did some researching and seen results. I'm a pharmacy tech so I know the ingredients and also talked to my pharmacist. So it's safe. So basically like I said I'm trying to gain weight and if anyone else is doing the same and maybe can give some advice about what to eat and what not, I still want to be healthy I will be working out during my journey. Any one who would be supportive and encouraging just let me know or if anyone else is taking apetamin let me know what your going through and how it's working for you.
    Thanks

While this is anecdotal, I would caution you from using apetamin. The majority of the users on this board who have taken it, has gotten undesirable results (quick fat gain = a bit gut). Instead, I would look for a long term approach, by utilizing higher calorie food options to give you a more controlled and consistent calorie surplus. In the below thread, I discuss strategies and provide types of foods to help you achieve that. Also, logging calories daily should help.

For the best results, you want to keep weight gain between .5-1 lb per week. If you want to minimize fat gains and improve health and metabolism, i would also do some resistance/weight training. By doing so, you won't gain all fat, you will improve metabolic functions/immune respond, and improve your skeletal system to provide your body with additional support for your higher weight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine was trying to gain weight, and she was a little successful by weightlifting -- her muscles got bigger, and she looked hella sexy too!! Good luck!!
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle mass can help fill you out & add curves. After having 5 children my weight remained at 144lbs, I was very slim before children. I began my fitness journey and lost 34lbs. At 110lbs I had become 'skinny fat' which I didn't like. I wanted to create a toned & more curvy physique. I am now heavier but leaner from experimenting with increasing my calories and focusing on weight workouts & HITT based cardio. I am now 119lbs @ 5'3" & my physique is better than before I had children.
    I have recently heard about apetamin and can see how the positive reviews could be enticing but the negatives out weigh those in my opinion. Be careful what you put into your body.
    Increasing your appetite is closely related to your eating habits & takes time. Increase your calories by 200/300 per day for a wk and then a little again the next wk...
    Shaping your body with weighted workouts is not only rewarding physically but it give you mental strength too.
  • mspetty9646
    mspetty9646 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also taking apetamin I started 01/27 at 90.8lbs to current weight of 96.4 in a week. Your stomach will get big so I'm about to order some sweat bands asap and start working out!
  • mspetty9646
    mspetty9646 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To me apetamin just helped stimulate my appetite just like people losing weight have appetite suppressants. It's up to you what you decide to eat be it healthy or unhealthy.
  • rashidwife
    rashidwife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started Apetamin 2-16-17. I have gained 8 pounds so far. I was 102 and now 110. I wanted to know how much weight you guys have gained since you have been taking apetamin about a month? Have you maintained the weight?
  • streco1
    streco1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs in a week and lost 4lbs. The apetamin made me too tired so I stopped taking it. I'm a Uni student and was getting up late for 9am lecturers. Then I became stressed from the pressure of trying to find enough to eat everyday. Along with relationship stress. So I started eating less
  • LeLove23
    LeLove23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    this is my 3rd time on apetamin the tiredness FOR ME didn't last longer than 2-3 days and it wasn't too bad because i did it on my days off , Its a medication so its important that you allow medication to work through your system before you decide to just quit it .. ( that my opinion ) but schoool is way more important soo if it was affecting you that much i understand .... if you consider starting back id advise you to began on the weekend so it gives you days to reset.