Apple cider vinegar drink?

Options
Has anyone tried this for weight loss and does this actually work?
I just started it three days ago, and I put in the acv in water, add lemon n organic honey for taste, but I've seen people out in cayenne pepper or use other juices instead of water.

Can anyone lmk if you've tried this stuff out or what you add to yours? :) much appreciated!

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its a gimmick.

Though it is true that some people think they are hungry (and eat) when in reality they are thirsty. So I can see where drinking the vinegar in water could help someone eat less? But so would drinking more water.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use ACV to help with my immune system and sinuses. I can't say that it helped with weight loss but I am an advocate for it.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I thought it was good for catching fruit flies as well.
    And getting bad odors out of laundry - only thing that gets cat pee smell out.

Yup, I'm sure it works for those things as well. I decided to go with two reasons for each category because I like symmetry. :#
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Things apple cider vinegar works for:
    Salad dressings (yum)
    Pulled pork (double yum!)

Things apple cider vinegar does not work for:
    Creating a calorie deficit
    Weight loss

I am really going to need to try the pulled pork.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Things apple cider vinegar works for:
    Salad dressings (yum)
    Pulled pork (double yum!)

Things apple cider vinegar does not work for:
    Creating a calorie deficit
    Weight loss

I am really going to need to try the pulled pork.

I like this recipe quite a bit (do you have a slow cooker?).

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/148544/slow-cooker-carolina-bbq/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything for weight loss. Raw ACV does have probiotics, but so do a lot of other things.
  • GraybrielFit
    GraybrielFit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's just a gimmick, but if you like the taste, go ahead - just remember to log calories from the sweetener. A traditional recipe would be switchel, which includes cider vinegar, molasses, and powdered ginger and was traditionally drunk by sailors or farm laborers after working on a hot day.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I used it to help with severe acid reflux, it *seemed* to help. Did it for a good solid stretch in the mornings. Used Bragg's, some lemon juice, ginger juice, cinnamon, cayenne and enough water to fill a tall glass. I did not use honey or any sweetener, 'cause I'm a tough hombre. A few times I added turmeric too. Decided no one was tough enough for that. Made sure to drink with a straw to avoid having it slosh around on my teeth, the warnings about tooth enamel are for real. I haven't done it in awhile except a couple times when I had acid reflux flare ups and yes it did work then too.

Mostly I suspect my cessation of acid reflux symptoms has more to do with smaller portions and dropping some weight via CICO but anything to get me off of daily use of antacids had me jumping for joy. I now mostly use apple cider vinegar as an occasional recipe ingredient. Works great for boiled eggs, put a teaspoon in the boil and you can peel them much better when done. Also tasty in curries and stews. And a must for BBQ pulled pork.

Didn't do jack for weight loss or if it did it was way overshadowed by being in a calorie deficit.