Protein water

Options
Curious if anyone has tried this? I'm sorry I forgot the brand. But it's 20 grams of whey protein isolate. No sugar and 80 calories.

I'm looking for ways to add more
Protein aside from the usual meals I eat and I don't have a ton of time to do shakes all the time.

I like the fact that I can get protein from such low cals and zero sugar.

Curious if anyone know about this?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I use flavorless protein powder for extra protein. Sure, why not!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is this like the special K protein waters? If you enjoy it, why not, go for it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Can you link a product?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy whey protein isolate unflavored (no sugar,97 calories per scoop) and mix it with water?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    HvymetalMG wrote: »

Pretty much overpriced water mixed with protein powder. But if don't mind paying $2.65 a bottle, then it's not a big issue.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I saw some Protein20 at the store the other day and tried a couple flavors just out of curiosity. 15g protein, no carbs, 60 cals in coconut flavor, 70 cals in sour cherry. $1.99 for a 16.9 oz bottle. Nice flavor, a little pricey for protein, but not too bad considering a diet soda at the convenience store will set you back almost as much these days. Probably not something I'd use everyday, but I might keep a couple around for when I want a lower calorie option than a bar or shake.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with but it is an awfully expensive way to get protein.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I tried this brand when it was on sale once:

5413572110921.jpg

It was really, really sweet, had the artificial sweetener aftertaste (which I usually don't mind but this was over the top) and it was very expensive full-price. I'd much rather whip up my own with a dash of protein powder and some flavoring or lemon juice.

The product you linked is also sweetened with sucralose, so I imagine it will be a similar experience to what I tried. Would not recommend.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I use 1stphorm products. Easy to just use water with the powders. Almond milk or normal milk is good too.