First proper bulk

Options
I'm currently weighing at 170lbs '12stone 3' around that number. I'm doing 4 day workout splits back biceps.chest triceps.shoulders and legs. I do abs 4 times a week. My goal is to be as big as possible but not gain as much fat. I find it hard to get my calories I need any tips. This app tells me to eat around 2,700 a day.I'm missing 500 calories. I'm low on fats. I don't can't eat nuts either'will die lol' protein and carbs I can get easily. My long-term goal is a physique bodybuilder. Any type of advise would help me a lot. I am 21 and 5f11 also white man.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    To increase fat... Use oil/butter when you cook, or add it to your meal. Avocado. Fatty cuts of meat (chicken thigh instead of breast, salmon instead of white fish etc). Whole eggs. Full fat dairy. .... Icecream.. Chocolate...
  • Bradywho1
    Bradywho1 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EAT MORE
    Switch up your splits
    Check out my diary I range from 3500-4000 Karl a day I'm sure you can get some food ideas
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Food: If you are struggling with getting adequate calories, I would recommend reading: this thread. The key to muscle growth is achieving a consistent surplus. The key to limited fat gains is limiting the size of your surplus to 10 to 15% over maintenance, adequate protein (~1.5 to 2.2g/kg of weight), good training, rest, starting lean, and good genetics.

Training: Can you provide more details on your split; reps/sets/moves/etc...