Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Question....What has your experience been with using apple cider vinegar as a weight loss aid? Any pros and cons? Please share any before and after photos?

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It tastes great in a vinaigrette and can make a lower cal option for salad dressing.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    We just had this conversation yesterday. Literally.
    Tastes horrible straight, great addition to recipes. Some people are convinced they see changes in some way shape and form, there has yet to be proof in a scientific study that proves it helps with weight loss.
  • rc72
    rc72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thought I would try it, threw some straight to the back of my throat to avoid the taste....Im a genius so I didnt read the part about diluting with water....oh the Burn.....never again, never again... :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    It does nothing for weight loss. It is a good remedy for hiccups.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It does nothing and tastes gross.
  • BCullari
    BCullari Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Question....What has your experience been with using apple cider vinegar as a weight loss aid? Any pros and cons? Please share any before and after photos?

Apple cider vinegar has many health properties, but it's no miracle cure for weight loss.
    At day's end, weight loss is about metabolism vs energy [food intake].
    People trying to sell you snake oil like to mask this reality, so BEWARE!

I use apple cider vinegar I make at home 4 times daily, and again, it's for optimal health and peak wellness.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing health-wise. Just keep accurately logging and you'll lose the weight.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'll shill vinegar as a cleaner all day, not as a super drug.

I use apple cider vinegar to cook though. Made some amazing pickled eggs not too long ago.
  • denisemilyz
    denisemilyz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know some people at work who have tried using it for dieting, but it doesnt usually last very long because they are nauseous all day after drinking it. I think its another fad dieting thing.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey folks, this discussion has been cleaned up a bit to remove posts that were off-topic, and disrespectful. Please be reminded that we do have community guidelines, and violation of the community guidelines can (and often does) result in warnings. If you cannot post in a topic respectfully, please make your momma proud and move on without saying anything.

Thanks,
    Em