Slow Bulk

Options
JB035
JB035 Posts: 336 Member
What should Carbs, Protien and Fat % look like on a slow bulk?

Currently weigh 165 looking to get to 175 over the next couple of months.
Current
Carbs - 300
Protien - 200
Fats - 100
Activity level is moderate
Working Out 3 days a week with some progressive loading strength training. 1 or 2 days a week I add some metabolic conditioning in along with my strength training, just really depends on how much time I have to spend at the gym. I naturally stay lean, so the metcon stuff isn't a needed, just trying to keep my endurance up while I'm trying to gain some weight.

Ready, set, go... what cha got???

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    What should Carbs, Protien and Fat % look like on a slow bulk?

Currently weigh 165 looking to get to 175 over the next couple of months.
    Current
    Carbs - 300
    Protien - 200
    Fats - 100
    Activity level is moderate
    Working Out 3 days a week with some progressive loading strength training. 1 or 2 days a week I add some metabolic conditioning in along with my strength training, just really depends on how much time I have to spend at the gym. I naturally stay lean, so the metcon stuff isn't a needed, just trying to keep my endurance up while I'm trying to gain some weight.

Ready, set, go... what cha got???

If you want a more detailed requirements on protien minimum, you will have to state your body fat % but it safe to say you need minimally...

135 grams of protien
    65 grams of fat

Carbs doesn't matter though on a bulk I usually eat plenty for energy purposes of heavier programming.

After you hit your minimal macros, fill in the rest with carbs or whatever your heart desires. With bulking, calories are king. I usually eat more donuts or ice cream than on a cut. Since you want to bulk slow, you want to find your true TDEE and eat at about 10% of that in surplus or slightly lower.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    What you have listed is fine, so long as it registers gain in your desired range. My needed kcals vary a lot by the day, as I walk anywhere from 10-18 miles per day, half of it with a 40 lbs. weight vest. Some days I only need 3000, others I need well over 4000. Damned moving targets.

I am just about done with my three month bulk from 168-180, and about to do a short cut to get fat under control before resuming.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Generally protein should be around .8 to 1g per lb of lbm, .35 to .6g of fat and the rest can be carbs. Slow bulking is more about having a modest surplus to help minimize fat gains.
  • JB035
    Options
    LBM... then I'm well in the Protien range!
  • JB035
    Options
    That would put my LBM somewhere around 145 my guess is I'm sitting around 12 to 13 on BF.