Options
    Nothing different then when cutting or maintaining. Creatine
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »

Monohydrate?

I've been using CTD Kre-Akalyn for about a year.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    _benjammin wrote: »

Monohydrate?

I've been using CTD Kre-Akalyn for about a year.

Yeah, I just use mono. Anything else, you're basically just overpaying for. Even the once super hyped ethyl ester ended up being less efficacious than mono.

I also tend to keep arimistane in me, just to keep the carb bloat in check. I drink enough that dehydration is of no concern, and the arimit keeps the subcutaneous water under control.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I use my protein unflavoured whey, normally just 1xscoop per day. It's cheaper than chicken per gram of protein and on par with the price of baked beans and eggs.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I only use whey, and that is even on a cut. Once I stop seeing gains in my primary lifts, than I plan on considering creatine monohydrate again (last time, I had severe stomach issues). And I may consider some glusamine for joint health, but I haven't gone down that path yet.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Just mono here too.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Whey protein most days (I don't really need it but I like it), plus daily prenatal vitamin, vitamin D, and DHA.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    I am starting to think that I am one of the only people who uses a 50/50 blend of whey and casein.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think that I am one of the only people who uses a 50/50 blend of whey and casein.

I use whey during the day and then if I need extra protein I will have casein in either shake or pancake form (with egg whites).

OP I don't use any other supplements except for a multivitamin and Vitamin C.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I use whey during the day and then if I need extra protein I will have casein in either shake or pancake form (with egg whites).

OP I don't use any other supplements except for a multivitamin and Vitamin C.

Ah yeah, forgot the vitamins C & D and magnesium. When I think supps, vitamins rarely come to mind, as they've just always been part of what I do.
  • hippychickxoxo
    hippychickxoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whey, Creatine, multivitamin, BCAAs during workout.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Actually I my magnesium and vit D3
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I use a whey/casein/egg protein mix (Trutein). That and creatine is all I take.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Whey, Creatine, multivitamin, BCAAs during workout.

This is me too!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I use a whey/casein/egg protein mix (Trutein). That and creatine is all I take.

I've heard good things about their stuff in sludge threads. Might have to give it a go one day.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Vodka and gasoline