Fitbit steps show but calorie 0

Options
qo1mddpb1f14.png
8h9btu0hw8hv.png

I tried disconnect the apps and revoke Accra on fitbit web still don't work what should I do next? My tracker is fitbit flex 2
Thanks beforehand

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On the MFP mobile app, go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected.

If that does not work, you may need to disconnect the link on MFP, then go to the Fitbit website to revoke access, then go to MFP website (not mobile app) to reconnect; then verify Fitbit tracker is your step source.

​Please see these articles, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1840064-fitbit-steps-integration-troubleshooting-for-"steps"

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/906763-why-am-i-not-getting-a-fitbit-calorie-adjustment-
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I find the Fitbit sync a bit of a mystery but could it be because you haven't taken enough steps to impact on your activity level yet today? For example, if you've told MFP you're lightly active or even more active than that, the amount of activity your Fitbit has registered today isn't enough to give you extra calories as MFP has already factored a certain amount of activity in. So, if I change my activity level from lightly active back to sedentary, MFP takes into account my Fitbit steps, realises I'm more active than I told it I am, and adjusts my calories accordingly, giving me a few extra calories.

If however this is a one-off problem that's probably not the case!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My fitbit doesn't generally register steps as activity minutes. Only when I do things that get my heart rate up, Charge HR.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Is there an Adjustment entry under exercise (reading 0 calories)?

If yes..
    Is your MFP set to "sedentary" and/or did you enable negative adjustments? If not, 7300 steps would likely be a negative adjustment and will show 0.

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »

If yes..
    Is your MFP set to "sedentary" and/or did you enable negative adjustments? If not, 7300 steps would likely be a negative adjustment and will show 0.

This is the best description. You have not completed enough steps to need to add calories to your goal to maintain the same deficit. Fitbit shows you've burned 1641 calories, you've eaten 1200. Assuming your goal is somewhere around a 500 calorie deficit, you would need to burn another 20 calories to start adding exercise calories.
  • yossy78
    yossy78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

If yes..

How to set Mfp sedentary or active no I didn't enable negative adjustment my Google fit account look like stuck even if deleted the apps and history
  • yossy78
    yossy78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    On the MFP mobile app, go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected.

If that does not work, you may need to disconnect the link on MFP, then go to the Fitbit website to revoke access, then go to MFP website (not mobile app) to reconnect; then verify Fitbit tracker is your step source.

​Please see these articles, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1840064-fitbit-steps-integration-troubleshooting-for-"steps"

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/906763-why-am-i-not-getting-a-fitbit-calorie-adjustment-

Did all that and done that even I did uninstall the apps from the phone and start over
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    yossy78 wrote: »

If yes..

How to set Mfp sedentary or active no I didn't enable negative adjustment my Google fit account look like stuck even if deleted the apps and history

You have a Fitbit tracker synced with MFP, which uses the Fitbit software application, which is a different software application than Google Fit. Although you may have a Google Fit account as the screen capture you posted above shows, you do not have Google Fit set as your Step source. If you do have a Google Fit account synced to either Fitbit or MFP, I would suggest unsyncing the Google Fit account and only have MFP synced to Fitbit. I am not sure, but that could be one possibility that is causing interference with normal MFP to Fitbit syncing.

What do you have your MFP Activity Level set at? You can find this information by re-running your MFP Goals. What did you choose for weekly loss rate? If you chose 2 pounds per week, then your deficit is either 1000 Calories below maintenance, or 1200 Calories per day, which is the lowest goal MFP will provide for women. If your MFP Activity Level is above Sedentary (or labeled Not Very Active of the mobile app), then it will take you more steps per day to actually see a positive Fitbit adjustment. Choosing an aggressive weekly loss rate (i.e. 1000 Cals per day), may cause you to not see a positive Fitbit adjustment until you reach over 10,000 steps.

Someone can't really provide a more detailed explanation until you provide what your MFP Activity Level and weekly weight loss rate is.