Gainz Problemz

Options
Hi All,

I was hoping some of you could help. I'm trying to gain. I am strength training using heavy weights and few reps. My calorie intake is already set at 2410. It has been months and I have only gained a pound. I'm not seeing any changes either. I am also a nursing mother with 2 very active jobs. Should I up my calorie intake more? This is what was suggest by MFP.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Go to 2700 calories. If you're not gaining weight, it's because you're not in calorie surplus.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yup.. up those cals if you aren't gaining. I am taking in over 3000 cals or so per day (also active nursing mother here).
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I found I have to eat a fair bit more than is suggested by mfp. And if you're an active nursing mother you probably need more than that. Try upping it by 250-300 and see if that makes a difference.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just got through talking to my sister about this today. Nursing burns at least 500 cals per day of not more. Add in an extra full meal to your day plus a snack!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi All,

I was hoping some of you could help. I'm trying to gain. I am strength training using heavy weights and few reps. My calorie intake is already set at 2410. It has been months and I have only gained a pound. I'm not seeing any changes either. I am also a nursing mother with 2 very active jobs. Should I up my calorie intake more? This is what was suggest by MFP.

Are you accounting for your nursing? But, I would agree with others, add another 250 to 300 calories.
  • destinykeith22
    destinykeith22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and upped it to 3,000
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and upped it to 3,000

Start at 2700.