58lbs (So far)

Options
Hi all

I've used the app for many years which helped me lose weight on and off, the off was when i stopped using the app!

Last year, shortly after my 29th birthday and my wedding day i decided i need to sort my self out. I lost around 28lbs in 6 months (constant yo-yo dieting) which was terrible considering the time and my start weight, i could of lost that in half the time.

I decided to get some professional help around the start of December, i got in touch with a PT who put me on a regime, weight training 3 times a week & 200kcals on a tread mill 3 times a week.

He gave me a diet plan which was based around macro nutrients, he gave me the basic foods to eat & for a month it was fine, however Christmas time and at risk of overdosing on sweet potato i remembered myfitnesspal had a macro nutrient tracker on the premium features. Since then this feature has kept me going, i'm able to eat out once a week, a few drinks now and again & no more overdosing on sweet potato :dizzy:

I'm now training 4 times a week, the gym is not a place i work out anymore it is like a social club and a place i go to get away from stress!

If i was to offer advice a few things would be:-

Get premium and learn about macro nutrients.
Don't be afraid of asking for professional advice and be accountable to somebody!
There will be people who are not going to be as supportive as you think, you may find people don't like the idea of you doing well. Just ignore that and surround yourself with positive people!

Height:6ft 3
Start weight:328lbs May 2016
Current weight:270lbs 17 feb 2017

I'm going to Mexico for my 30th in 9 weeks i'm hoping to be around 252lbs.

I'm now accountable to ALL of you, i will check in before i go away with more progress :smile:

Feel free to add me to friends list.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!