Replies

• nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Do you like sea food?
  • priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken - I share this where ever I can because it helped me so much.

Place boneless chicken in the crock-pot (I prefer Chicken Breast). Season it with pepper, Mrs. Dash or equivalent). Slow cook for 8+ Hours. The chicken has the consistency of rotisserie.

I add after the fact Salsa, Cumin, etc.. for a Mexican Dish, Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, Five Spice for an Asian Dish, BBQ / Fav Condiment for an American Dish etc... Serve with your favorite Steamer Vegetable.

I hope this helps.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you're trying to live off chicken and veg?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Did someone say seafood? I developed this recipe for my girlfriend, who L-O-V-E-S clam chowder but is allergic to clams.

Seafood Chowder

217 g celery diced
    219 g onion diced
    247 g carrot diced
    .33 cup olive oil
    3 t dried thyme
    1 t paprika
    1 t smoked paprika
    2 t salt
    1 t pepper
    28 g ghee
    1.5 lbs scallops
    64 oz vegetable stock
    310 g parsnip cubed
    516 g white sweet potato cubed
    1.5 lbs salmon
    227 g frozen blue kale
    8 g kombu, broken in small pieces
    2 T dulse flakes
    320 ml coconut cream native forest

Saute the celery carrot and onion (mirepoix) in the olive oil, with the thyme, paprikas, salt and pepper.
    In a separate skillet, sear the scallops in the ghee until browned. I season the scallops lightly with salt and pepper first.
    When the mirepoix is soft and beginning to caramelize, add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add sweet potatoes and parsnips and simmer 20 minutes. Add salmon, kale, kombu, dulse flakes, and scallops (with juices from pan) and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until salmon is cooked. Add coconut cream and adjust seasoning. Simmer another 10 to 20 minutes.

This recipe made 177 ounces (by weight) at 23 calories per ounce, so an 8 oz. serving is 184 calories.

Try it...I hope you love it, too. Add me if you like...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com is an awesome resource by also slenderkitchen.com, cookinglight.com, and eatingwell.com.
  • MrsBoney12
    MrsBoney12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Still chicken and veg, but not your typical chicken and veg....

Chicken Fried Quinoa

2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
    2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
    1 cup frozen mixed peas & carrots
    3/4 cup frozen snow peas
    1 can water chestnuts
    1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped, green and white parts
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    4 egg whites
    2 ½ cups cooked quinoa (I cook it in chicken broth to add flavor)

1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in skillet over medium to med high heat. Cook chicken 5 minutes.
    2. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute
    3. Add peas & carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, scallions and soy sauce. Cover and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 10 minutes.
    4. If using eggs or egg whites, this is when you can add them. You can scramble them in another pan, or what I do is push all the veggies to the outside and scramble in the middle of the pan.
    5. Add quinoa and stir to combine.
    *I love this recipe because it is so flexible. You can do with or without eggs, you can switch up the veggies. I have used onions, sliced carrots, celery, peppers…the possibilities are endless! You could also top it with cashews or almonds or peanuts. Or use shrimp instead of chicken! I have also subbed teriyaki sauce for the soy sauce for something a little different. If you sub rice for quinoa, cut it down to 2 cups.