Menstrual(Type)Cramps When Exercising

Options
Every time I do cardio/high intensity workouts or run I experience extremely painful cramps after 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone else experiences these and could help identify what is causing them. I have been to the doctors many times and they have been of no help. I also experience very sore cramps when my period does come around which stops me from doing everyday activies as it so painful. Any suggestions/related issues would be great.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,901 Member
    Options
    It's not the side stitch?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I find that when I do not have enough water, I experience muscle cramping.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Could it be constipation? Sorry for the TMI, but exercise does get your gut moving. If you haven't been regular, you might be getting cramping from your intestines kicking into gear... similar events happen during your TOM, so that could be why the pain is similar.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Red raspberry leaf tea. Try it, it helped so much with my cramping. I drink a cup at night. Either way it's worth a shot.

I had cramps when I ran after I had my babies, I think it was the loose joints and not enough muscle support.
  • Proverbial10lbs
    Proverbial10lbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have your dr check for endometriosis. My daughter was diagnosed over the summer. She would come home from a run and lie on the floor in severe pain for 15 minutes. She said it felt like her uterus was falling out...would only happen after exercise.
  • maddy_campbell
    maddy_campbell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's definitely not a stitch but thank you. I drink plenty of water during the day and when I exercise. I've been exercising for about 4 years now so I don't believe it's through a lack of exercise or not moving the mussels. I went to the doctors a few months ago to ask about endometriosis as it was all I could think off. I can do weight lifting but as soon as I do any form of high intensity like running it kicks in the same as your daughters. It goes away after 10-20 mins. I might go back and speak to another doctor about it.
  • Ysoto111
    Ysoto111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what it is. As soon as i start feeling the cramps i stop and start again when they are gone.