Gained weight and a little confused, help needed

Options
Good morning everyone, looking for some help/guidance. I've done mfp in the past and successfully lost 6.5 stone. I put 4stone back on and so joined mfp again. This is week 7 for me and total loss to date is 1st 5lb, I gained 1lb this week and really can't understand why. I walk most days and burn around 250-300 calories. I don't eat them calories I just eat my allowance if 1740 calories per day. Ive done nothing any different this week, had a hysterectomy 3 years ago so can't really blame it in that, anyone got any ideas why this would have happened? Should I eat more/less? Any comments or suggestions I would really appreciate.
Thank you all so much x

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Weight loss is not a linear process. Some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, and some you'll even gain a bit. It's also not at all uncommon for our weight to fluctuate 2-3lb from one day to the next. The 1lb you gained is well within the realm of normal weight fluctuation.

Since you've lost weight successfully in the past, it's safe to assume you already have a good handle on proper food logging, so my only advice to you would be: Stay the course. You've lost 1st 5lb so far, which means what you're doing is clearly working.

If it's helpful, consider using a weight tracking app like Happy Scale or Libra. They'll create a trend line from your weigh-ins, which will make it easier for you to focus on the big picture.
  • juliebishbosh
    juliebishbosh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for your supportive comments. Would you eat your exercise calories?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    19 pounds means that you've exceeded the usual 2 pound a week rule which means there will be alot of water weight fluctuations in there, so chances are its just that, don't sweat it as the above poster said weight loss isn't linear especially if you take into consider hormones. Just give it time and just average out your loss month by month. You can eat those exercise calories if you don't feel satiated or don't have enough energy on your allocated cals, although a good rule of thumb is to only eat half your exercise cals as mfp can sometimes overestimate burns.

If your current cals are satisfying enough just carry on, you're doing great, just don't get disheartened if you plateau for a while or your loss slows down because of your initial big loss.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No panic, your body just varies in how much water it is carrying. There are so many different reasons for this that there is not much point in trying to control it - just accept that some weeks you will be up, others down, and if you're doing right, over time there will be more down than up.

Congratulations on your loss so far!