Advice needed

Options
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as me. I was on a strict diet for 6 months and kept eating about 1200 kcal per day. I have nearly reached my target weight and changed my diet to 1350 kcal per day and unlike the previous diet, i am having issues keeping it. It is ok during the day, i usually eat healthy lunches at work, but my dinner is the biggest meal of the day. I also snack a lot during the evening. I am not gaining weight, on the contrary, i am still losing it at a quite slow rate(1.5 kg per month), but i would like to be smarter with my meals to prevent possible weight gain. Is it a good idea to portion my dinner to 2 parts? Would that prevent me from snacking between the meals? How do you deal with snack cravings?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to portion and time your meals in a way that feels right for you. Is the snacking causing problems for you? Is dinner a problem for you? Are cravings a problem for you? If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran has a point, but at the same time, 1.5kg a month is a moderately fast rate of loss if you are close to goal. You could reduce that to 1kg and eat more, if you are struggling to stick to your goals. But it is really up to you.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't gaining weight, it seems like what you are doing is working. I say that I have dinner at lunch time, but honestly, my dinner is probably my snacks. I have 350 calories for breakfast, about 700 for dinner, 500 or so for supper and then the rest is snacks. That amounts to about 1,400 calories of snacks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with snacking between meals, do what works for you and what fits into your calorie allowance.

Protein and fat really helps keep me fuller for longer, having my last meal a satisfying/filling one makes all the difference. I was in the habit of wanting to snack but eating more out of boredom than because I was hungry, I was able to change that habit eventually by sipping on water and drinking tea. (my evening snacking was leading me to go slightly over my maintenance calories which would have eventually led to gaining weight, so that was why I needed to control my snacking).