Meal Plans - 40% P/ 30% C/ 30% F - Approximate

Options
I am new to posting and would like to attach some different meal plans that I have made. Macro values are approximate and not spot on. I am not a nutritionist, fitness professional, nor a good cook. I enjoy weight lifting as well as making meal plans for others, at a cost, as well as to see their progress as it applies to body recomposition. I will try to keep posting meal plans to this thread based on the above Macro Profile on a "As time permits" basis and if it is not to complicated to maintain this thread or if it will let me continuously re-post new plans. I buy all my foods at Walmart so I don't have to scour the net or stores for specialty foods. I do not drink any of my meals.

2z4b2ldlbmty.png

zobls0svwpls.png

tmsdryf6l26p.png

5jbqxa7z3w1y.png

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It looks allright except for all the egg whites - but what do we need it for? We can eat anything we like. I like to make my own meal plan based on my own preferences and the foods that are available where I live. Losing weight isn't that difficult. Trying to stick to other people's plans was exactly why I couldn't keep weight off.
  • CerberusNC
    CerberusNC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I would suggest finding out what your calorie requirements are. I use IIFYM website. Its basic and will give you a general idea. As far as the meal plans I provided, these are just what I have made. You are not obligated to use them. I choose egg whites since they are low in calories and high in protein. When trying to budget your calories I try my best to choose foods that are low in calories and higher in protein so I can add other indulgent foods/condiments that typically have higher calories and no protein so they will fit within my plans. I would recommend using the meal plans as a template/guide to build your own or you can have your entire day/week/month/year planned for you by a professional at a substantial cost. I am a creature of habit so eating the same thing everyday for a few weeks/months does not bother me and it saves me time on prep since I am not making something different everyday for every meal. Also, I have 2 meals during the week where I have whatever. This keeps me sane and from binge eating. Hope this helps.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, it starts with the right amount of calories. Lots of good TDEE calculators out there. Even MFP's setup would work if it didn't encourage everybody to pick maximum weight loss rate.

I think somewhat differently when I meal plan. I base all my meals on what I want to eat and that magically ends up as pretty balanced meals. I would never, ever, consider paying someone to tell me what to eat.
  • fitbethlin
    fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is almost exactly what I was looking for! I have been looking to see what it looks like for other people to live on 40p/30c/30f ratios. My overall calories are different, but I appreciate seeing this to get an overview of how at least one person is using that split.
  • CerberusNC
    Options
    Glad I could assist.
  • CerberusNC
    Options
    A plan I made for a work colleague at approx 2600 Calories. He didn't want eggs in the morning.

oo5njiszq9wj.png
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. The meal plans you posted don't match the macro split in the title at all.
  • CerberusNC
    Options
    They are not exact. I mentioned that in my first post. I try to get within 50 calories plus or minus in each catergory. Also, you are not obligated to use these.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    CerberusNC wrote: »
    They are not exact. I mentioned that in my first post. I try to get within 50 calories plus or minus in each catergory. Also, you are not obligated to use these.

I get that, but your split is 40% protein and 30% carb, yet in almost every example the carbs exceed the protein. This is more like a 35c/35p/30f split (which there's nothing wrong with).
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,984 Member
    Options
    My macro goal for the past 9 months has been (and continues to be) 40P/40/C/20F but the ave over this time period has "only" been 34P/39C/27 on an ave 1825 cal diet.

This is the best I've been able to do while focusing on getting as much protein as I can, including using protein powder, bars and drinks.

But, this seems to have been good enough in contributing to my 36# weight loss (196 to 160), reduction in BF% to 12% (down from 25) and maintenance of LBM when combined w/progressive linear weight lifting and some assistance exercises over the same time period.
  • CerberusNC
    Options
    1200 Calories Approximately. Not spot on. This is just an idea and you are not required or obligated to use this.

n3xkh2xge5ys.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1200 Calories Approximately. Not spot on. This is just an idea and you are not required or obligated to use this.

n3xkh2xge5ys.png

Only 34g fat? And mostly saturated?

18g fibre?

What do you suppose someone does with egg/whites, cheese, muffin and peanut powder?

What's a medium plum? There's lots of stuff in cups. Logging weight for solids is more accurate than measuring.

• CerberusNC
    Options
    I only speak for myself and do not imposed my way of thinking on anyone, but when I am in a deficit I am not really concerned with Saturated Fats or the amount of fat for that matter. As long as I meet my calorie requirements and protein requirements I am not concerned with being exact, as they apply to carbs and fat or any other mineral/vitamin. You are not required to eat any of what is on the example. I am a horrible chef and hate to spend to much time prepping. I am comfortable eating bland food. You can substitute anything you want or make your own. As far as the powered peanut butter, you add water and it makes a paste, which you can spread on the english muffin. As far as the cheese, you can melt it on the eggs. Be creative. If you have another plan, post it. As far as the plum, I am not really concerned with informalities as it applies to size/weight/volume. They are low in calories. By no means am I a subject matter expert nor am I a medical/nutritional/fitness professional. If your looking for something specific based on your personal needs you may want to seek professional assistance.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I only speak for myself and do not imposed my way of thinking on anyone, but when I am in a deficit I am not really concerned with Saturated Fats or the amount of fat for that matter. As long as I meet my calorie requirements and protein requirements I am not concerned with being exact, as they apply to carbs and fat or any other mineral/vitamin. You are not required to eat any of what is on the example. I am a horrible chef and hate to spend to much time prepping. I am comfortable eating bland food. You can substitute anything you want or make your own. As far as the powered peanut butter, you add water and it makes a paste, which you can spread on the english muffin. As far as the cheese, you can melt it on the eggs. Be creative. If you have another plan, post it. As far as the plum, I am not really concerned with informalities as it applies to size/weight/volume. They are low in calories. By no means am I a subject matter expert nor am I a medical/nutritional/fitness professional. If your looking for something specific based on your personal needs you may want to seek professional assistance.

I don't need assistance with meal plans, I get plenty creative with a variety of ingredients to make meals that fit my macros, and micros. I'm not sure why you're posting yours, especially when you've just said you're a horrible chef, not any sort of professional with nutritional background, and don't really care about macros/micros - these are probably more important to consider when restricting calories as having enough is difficult. Anyone here could post their own random day of food as a "meal plan"..
  • CerberusNC
    Options
    Then I suggest you be part of a solution instead of the problem. No need to argue semantics. Post your own ideas and update this thread with meal plans or create your own thread. Per the terms and conditions of posting, I am not breaking any rules. Not sure why your looking at nutritional post and micromanaging what people post. If your not pleased, move on.
  • Allie_WV
    Allie_WV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you CererusNC for your posts. I was just searching for meals plans just like this. Appreciate it!