Keto Diet Afficiando...on a Mission Looking for Friends

Options
DBLDOCII
DBLDOCII Posts: 14 Member
Hi, First, I am looking for friends for encouragement and food/recipe ideas, hacks etc.
Second, could someone tell me how to add friends...

So far my diet is a success yet a long road to go...Let's go!!!

Replies

• Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Keto eater here! Feel free to add
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

keto here
  • yazheirx
    yazheirx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Moving from low carb to Keto, feel free to add
  • fombyf612
    fombyf612 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting back on Keto after a few months away due to family issues. I could really use some fellow Ketoers for support.

thanks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
  • DBLDOCII
    Options
    So far so good...the more people that offer their support and experiences and advice as we move toward our goal.
  • Rondak57
    Rondak57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back strict Keto again. Lost 50# the first time then drifted the past year and put 15 back on. So back on track and as of this morning back in ketosis and feeling the clearer head and more energy. Ready to move forward so add me in.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    been keto for about 3 years now. Feel free to add me!
  • DBLDOCII
    Options
    wmihitk0ckn3.jpg
    The key to the perfect consistency is the egg. Combined with the absorptive powers of the coconut flour and the rising properties of the almond flour, the egg will coax the cake to rise even higher than you might expect and provide an extremely decadent consistency.
    Yields 1 chocolate cake or 2 chocolate cake snacks
    The Preparation
    • 1 Large Egg
    • 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
    • 2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
    • 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    • 1 1/2 Tbsp. Erythritol or Splenda
    • 2 tsp. Coconut Flour
    • 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
    The Execution
    1. Measure out 2 Tbsp. butter and put it inside the mug you will be using.

2. Microwave the butter for 20-25 seconds until it mostly melted and hot. Add your sweetener to the melted butter.
    Note: You can use any low carb/low glycemic sweetener for this. Read more at: the best low carb sweeteners.

3. Add your 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder to the butter.

4. Add your coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla.

5. Don’t forget the egg! It will help the cake rise.

6. Mix the ingredients well, until everything is combined and there’s as little lumps as you can get. If you’re going to make 2 servings, this is the point where you would measure the batter out into 2 mugs or 2 ramekins.

7. Microwave the cake for 60-75 seconds. It takes 75 seconds in my microwave. If you are making 2 servings, probably 50-60 seconds would do the best – I never make 2 servings because I’m greedy .

8. While you’re waiting for the cake to cook, whip some cream in a mixing bowl. (Optional)
    I do this by using an immersion blender – very quick, easy, and tasty but it will produce stiff peaked whipped cream (and to some it may be over whipped). Pour enough whipping cream into a container to cover the immersion blender blades. Blend for 20-40 seconds until you reach the consistency you want. 9. Let the cake cool for a moment and spoon on the whipped cream. (Optional)
    If you make this into 2 servings, it will be: 197 Calories, 19 Fats, 2.6g Net Carbs, and 6g Protein.
    Chocolate Cake in a Mug Calories Fats (g) Carbs (g) Fiber (g) Net Carbs (g) Protein (g)
    2 Tbsp. Salted Butter 200 24 0 0 0 0
    2 Tbsp. Almond Flour 80 7 3 2 1 3
    2 tsp. Coconut Flour 20 1 3 2 1 1
    1/4 tsp. Vanilla 2 0 0 0 0 0
    1 Large Egg 70 5 0.7 0 0.7 6
    2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder 20 1 6 4 2 2
    1/2 tsp. Baking Powder 1 0 0.6 0 0.6 0
    Totals 393 38 13.3 8 5.3 12

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    rafaellemd wrote: »
    wmihitk0ckn3.jpg
    The key to the perfect consistency is the egg. Combined with the absorptive powers of the coconut flour and the rising properties of the almond flour, the egg will coax the cake to rise even higher than you might expect and provide an extremely decadent consistency.
    Yields 1 chocolate cake or 2 chocolate cake snacks
    The Preparation
    • 1 Large Egg
    • 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
    • 2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
    • 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    • 1 1/2 Tbsp. Erythritol or Splenda
    • 2 tsp. Coconut Flour
    • 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
    The Execution
    1. Measure out 2 Tbsp. butter and put it inside the mug you will be using.

2. Microwave the butter for 20-25 seconds until it mostly melted and hot. Add your sweetener to the melted butter.
    Note: You can use any low carb/low glycemic sweetener for this. Read more at: the best low carb sweeteners.

3. Add your 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder to the butter.

4. Add your coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla.

5. Don’t forget the egg! It will help the cake rise.

6. Mix the ingredients well, until everything is combined and there’s as little lumps as you can get. If you’re going to make 2 servings, this is the point where you would measure the batter out into 2 mugs or 2 ramekins.

7. Microwave the cake for 60-75 seconds. It takes 75 seconds in my microwave. If you are making 2 servings, probably 50-60 seconds would do the best – I never make 2 servings because I’m greedy .

8. While you’re waiting for the cake to cook, whip some cream in a mixing bowl. (Optional)
    I do this by using an immersion blender – very quick, easy, and tasty but it will produce stiff peaked whipped cream (and to some it may be over whipped). Pour enough whipping cream into a container to cover the immersion blender blades. Blend for 20-40 seconds until you reach the consistency you want. 9. Let the cake cool for a moment and spoon on the whipped cream. (Optional)
    If you make this into 2 servings, it will be: 197 Calories, 19 Fats, 2.6g Net Carbs, and 6g Protein.
    Chocolate Cake in a Mug Calories Fats (g) Carbs (g) Fiber (g) Net Carbs (g) Protein (g)
    2 Tbsp. Salted Butter 200 24 0 0 0 0
    2 Tbsp. Almond Flour 80 7 3 2 1 3
    2 tsp. Coconut Flour 20 1 3 2 1 1
    1/4 tsp. Vanilla 2 0 0 0 0 0
    1 Large Egg 70 5 0.7 0 0.7 6
    2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder 20 1 6 4 2 2
    1/2 tsp. Baking Powder 1 0 0.6 0 0.6 0
    Totals 393 38 13.3 8 5.3 12

i'll be damned, i'm making this.
  • DBLDOCII
    Options
    I'll share recipes as I find good ones and test them out! I will start to post a new one every monday.

Good news is I lost the 2lbs I had gained. I stayed the course...drank extra water and voila. So my body is definitely still adjusting as I tweak my diet.

Hope everyone loves the recipe It was quick and easy and tasted amazing
  • DBLDOCII
    Options
    Oh if you need me to send a word format of recipes to you...just ask as the nutrients values are easier to read.
  • DBLDOCII
    Options
    Super happy that I lost 2lbs during a challenging week. No cravings. Still have the keto flu but the benefits are worth it as I'm clear, feeling less bulky just overall more free...rven with my little loss. DEFINITELY love this diet.
  • Jensan03
    Jensan03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love keto
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm very new to this whole keto thing, but would love friends to help me out! Please friend request me if interested in helping :) Thanks :)

@rafaellemd adding you :)
  • lungefarts
    lungefarts Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting the Keto diet in about a month, just gotta mentally prepare and achieve some goals before I make the switch.
  • facobedina
    facobedina Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We need a strict keto month challenge :|
    I'm new too.
  • laurenbedsworth
    laurenbedsworth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having a hard time adding people, but have been doing keto for 4 wks & would love a few friends also doing keto!!
  • aglopez1102
    aglopez1102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! i also started following a Keto diet recently. I started two months ago and have lost 16 lbs. I lost 7 in the first week alone. But unfortunately i gained them back after i developed hyper stemmed ovaries from IVF. I've lost those lbs again and am back on track with KETO. One thing i have learned along the way is that having cheat meals will slow your progress down tremendously. I am one who loves to treat myself to everything in sight on weekends, but i've come to realize that its almost not worth it anymore. A cheat meal the whole weekend affects your progress less!
    Also, Keto has gotten easier after the first two weeks because once you get over the "keto flu" your body doesnt crave the carbs and sugar like before. I tend to stay full longer also following this high fat diet.
    One of my favorite low carb sites is Lowcarbyum.com . She has amazing recipes!!
    i'f you have any questions feel free to ask or add me. :)
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Keto for nearly 3 months here. Anyone can add me.