I need vegetarian weight loss food ideas !!

Options
laurakay8052
laurakay8052 Posts: 5 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on weight loss meals etc for someone who does not eat meat ??

Replies

• laurakay8052
    laurakay8052 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help ! Since becoming a vegetarian I managed to gain a four pounds I know it's nothing major but I want to stay healthy !
  • Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help ! Since becoming a vegetarian I managed to gain a four pounds I know it's nothing major but I want to stay healthy !

@laurakay8052 I'll tag you in a post I just responded to with ideas :)
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was just looking up some ideas myself. I made lentils (with curry, red bell pepper, and onion), roasted butternut squash, and brown rice for my dinner tonight. I stumbled across these recipes and I think I'll do a veggie burger tomorrow. It's been ages since I made one: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/15001/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/200-calorie-main-dishes/vegetarian/?page=2
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "weight loss meals" are not a thing.
    You just need to eat at a calorie deficit. You gained weight because you ate too many calories
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On a Sunday I like to roast veg (peppers, onion, butternut squash etc) then keep it in the fridge so I can easily turn it into different meals during the week. Veggie curry, mixed in with cous cous, veggie lasagne, in a salad etc. I love stir fries with rice noodles or stuffed peppers (just cook any flavoured cous cous, put it inside a pepper and throw it in the oven for 25-30 mins) I find planning ahead the biggest help.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is a simple one I like to make (if you eat eggs) https://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/11/spinach-mushroom-feta-crustless-quiche/
    Minimalist baker has a good recipe for making crispy tofu that is a staple in our household. We add roasted Brussel Sprouts, or a variety of roasted veggies for a fairly quick weeknight meal. We also love to make chilli with beans, legumes and vegetables. Easy to prep a large batch and eat throughout the week.
  • sabrinastarmfp
    sabrinastarmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hurrythefoodup.com has some really good recipes, and it has a 7 day meal plan I've been doing very well on :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian here! Feel free to friend me. My diary is open and if you're interested, I can give you recipes.
  • LaDivaNicotina
    LaDivaNicotina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Budget Bytes and the Minimalist Baker quite a bit, especially that crispy tofu another poster mentioned above.