• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    My life!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »
    Recipes that don't give specific measurements!! No offence to the Americans on here, but what the **** is a cup?? How big of a cup? And a "dash" of soy sauce could be anything from a teaspoon full to a full on tidal wave. And there are times that google won't help at all, it gives you different weights for a cup measurement. :D

These are measurements for volume.
    1 cup is 8 oz
    3/4 cup is 6 oz
    1/2 cup is 4 oz
    1/3 cup is 2 1/3 oz
    1/4 cup is 2 oz
    Then you get into Tablespoons and teaspoons which are 1 oz and less.

Some people like to use measuring cups and some like to weigh. I prefer to use a food scale and weigh out everything in grams. I only use measuring cups if my scale is broken.

n8l0hairag1i.jpg

Lol I am familiar as I said on my post. :laugh:
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Recipes that don't give specific measurements!! No offence to the Americans on here, but what the **** is a cup?? How big of a cup? And a "dash" of soy sauce could be anything from a teaspoon full to a full on tidal wave. And there are times that google won't help at all, it gives you different weights for a cup measurement. :D

1 cup is 8 oz
    3/4 cup is 6 oz
    1/2 cup is 4 oz
    1/3 cup is 2 1/3 oz
    1/4 cup is 2 oz

Some people like to use measuring cups and some like to weigh. I prefer to use a food scale and weigh out everything in grams. I only use measuring cups if my scale is broken.

n8l0hairag1i.jpg

That was for "mskimee".
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options

1 cup is 8 oz
    3/4 cup is 6 oz
    1/2 cup is 4 oz
    1/3 cup is 2 1/3 oz
    1/4 cup is 2 oz

n8l0hairag1i.jpg

That was for "mskimee".

I'm saving this for future reference (and them probably gonna lose it the second I need it)

Thank you!! :)
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options

1 cup is 8 oz
    3/4 cup is 6 oz
    1/2 cup is 4 oz
    1/3 cup is 2 1/3 oz
    1/4 cup is 2 oz

n8l0hairag1i.jpg

That was for "mskimee".

I'm saving this for future reference (and them probably gonna lose it the second I need it)

Thank you!! :)

You're welcome! I hope it comes in handy!
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Turn signals in cars that no one seems to use!! It's a flick of the hand, people. Lol

Don't ever come to Minneapolis. Worst. Drivers. Ever. They never use signals and nobody seems to understand how to merge properly.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Facebook.. period. deactivated

Never joined. It appears I've missed nothing! ;)
    zyxst wrote: »
    Dentistry and people who b1tch about the car being blocked in by snow/ice, but don't lift a hand to go shovel it out.
    I know a lot of ppl don't like dentists or going but I like my teeth so it doesn't bother me to go. :laugh: