Eat to Live book - Looking for friends

Options
Hey Guys,

I've been gone for quite a long time, but now I'm looking to come back and start over. I've just read through Dr. Joel Fuhrman's "Eat To Live" book and I thought it was fantastic. I'm wondering if anyone else is reading it/ has read it and is currently following his plan. I just started yesterday and I would love to add a few new friends that are looking to do this with someone else.

Best,
Misha :smile:

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Dr. Fuhrman. I subscribe to his website. You get new recipes every day, and they are fantastic. I don't follow him 100% religiously because I do incorporate some meat into my diet, but I eat more veg than anything. I will say that since reading his books, I look at food completely different. I'm more conscious of nutrients in foods now, and stay away from most processed foods.

Good luck to you!
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started reading the book this week and looking at the website. It's very inspiring! Am considering cutting way way back on the animal protein I consume. Am on day2 of veggie only eating.
  • katiebelleck
    katiebelleck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How's it going are you losing weight?? I did keto for a MONTH haven't lost an ounce feel like I wasted my time.

What are the macros you are using?
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    How's it going are you losing weight?? I did keto for a MONTH haven't lost an ounce feel like I wasted my time.

What are the macros you are using?

R u eating at a calorie deficit? This is a MUST for any diet plan/protocal.
  • mpiercefly
    mpiercefly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I haven't read that particular book, but I've read Dr. McDougall's books (which are pretty similar in content), and have in the past been high carb low fat vegan. Though its debated, I still believe that eating mainly fruits, vegetables, and complex carbs like oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc. is the healthiest way to eat.

However, that doesn't mean it is the only way to lose weight. Like beanz744 said, you have to eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight, no matter what program you are on. One of the reasons following a diet like Eat to Live is easy is because you get more bang for your calorie buck. For example, 500 calories of rice and vegetables can be a lot more food than 500 calories of bacon and eggs, depending on how you prepare them.

On the other hand, some people say that eating low carb helps with satiation. I say do whatever makes you feel best. If your goal is weight loss, the only thing you have to do is stay under your daily calorie limit, and the only way to 100% know you are doing that is to count calories.

If you want specific success stories, there is a thriving high carb low fat vegan community on YouTube. Some of my favorite YouTubers are HighCarbHannah and PotatoStrong :)