Eat big to get big!

Options
Between 4-6 smaller but nutrition packed meals plus a protein shake post workout. Remember food is the ultimate source of energy and cause of growth. Don't skip out!

Replies

• _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    f91wfuo02mk4.jpg

fcv05i0nydxa.jpg

Nothing magical about 4-6 meals, lol.
    But I do agree with your point about eating food!
    2dyult9fly1e.png
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Broscience says so

I say no
  • aown61
    aown61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't have 5-6 meals personally but agree food is the key to any success, screw that up and you may as well not bother in the first place
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I don't like small meals. 3 big meals is just the same....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @_Bro what is with that one slice of pizza per container? Let's put at least 3-4 in there to make it a small meal, cmon now! ;)
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    How ever you can get it all in, I know a lot of folks who break it up in the 4 to 6 range, but not too many who can get it all in with just 3 meals.

I'd have to agree on the nutrient dense part though. If you are not eating calorie dense foods like pizza, hamburgers, ice cream, donuts, etc... it's much harder to get it all in. Chicken, green beans and a sweet potatoes are much harder to get 800 - 1000 cals per setting for most.

So I'd say the statement he made is just. Eating "clean" is typically done with more meals involved. Mainly because it's hard to stomach the amount of food you have to eat with out all the good stuff (pizza, hamburgers, ice cream, candy, etc).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I prefer five large meals without protien shake(s).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3 meals, lots of grazing, protein shakes if I'm low on protein, kinda guy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a 3 big meal a day person but I do protein shake and jelly beans preworkout because my lunch is 5 hours before and I am hungry.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    @_Bro what is with that one slice of pizza per container? Let's put at least 3-4 in there to make it a small meal, cmon now! ;)

Oh, lol...
    When I do make pizza it looks like this:
    191qdya3y119.jpg

One pizza kit for lunch.
    To make it more transportable, I will somtimes flip over and pack it for lunch
    cz441n2nosjl.jpg

• JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I need pizza now!
  • Hardgainz19
    Hardgainz19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do i add friends? Im new here.