Bands

Options
Does anyone know of a good video for resistance band workout. I've only been walking and biking and need some upper body toning.

12819288.png

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Tony Horton. He's got some great routines including 10 minute trainer P90 and P90X they all use resistance bands in those workouts.

Without knowing your physical capabilities resistance bands do have some limitations you're not going to get the full effect using a resistance band that you would get with weights.

I don't know what your budget is and where you're located but in Target they do sell adjustable weights I think they go from Two and a Half to 20 or 25 pounds and I think I said is about 120 bucks
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you're not going to get the full effect using a resistance band that you would get with weights.

I don't agree with this opinion at all.

Bodylastics do a great series of bands and for a small sub fee a month have hundreds of workout videos that you can use, and not just with bands either.

• Mizzy58
    Mizzy58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did find a few on youtube. Thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,508 Member
    Options
    cronus70 wrote: »
    you're not going to get the full effect using a resistance band that you would get with weights.

I don't agree with this opinion at all.

Bodylastics do a great series of bands and for a small sub fee a month have hundreds of workout videos that you can use, and not just with bands either.
    You don't have to agree, but it's true. Bands don't have "eccentric" contractions. The resistance is progressive only.
    IE. When you start, then push/pull on the band, resistance increases. But upon returning to start position, there is no resistance. With weights, there's resistance in the contracted and elongated phases of the muscles (also known as concentric and eccentric contractions).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png