Banana chips!

Options
Sloonsfoot3
Sloonsfoot3 Posts: 18 Member
Has anyone ever made home made banana chips or any other dried fruit?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yes and beef jerky.
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We have an orchard so I dry peaches and figs during the summer. I don't have a dehydrator, I just use my oven on 200 for a couple of hours. Delicious!
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Like banana chips the Indian kind? Cause we make those all the time but it isn't dried.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We have an orchard so I dry peaches and figs during the summer. I don't have a dehydrator, I just use my oven on 200 for a couple of hours. Delicious!

nice tip. I will try that. just slice the fruit thin and put them in the oven at 200 for a couple of hours? That's it? I'm excited to try it and put it in my greek yogurt.
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »

nice tip. I will try that. just slice the fruit thin and put them in the oven at 200 for a couple of hours? That's it? I'm excited to try it and put it in my greek yogurt.

That's exactly how I do it. The time depends on the fruit and how thin you slice them. I don't have a set time, I just check them every once in a while during the cooking to see if they're where I want them. Good luck!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    We have 3 apple trees, so apple jam and dried apples are basically available to me year round. Have to watch the calories, though. It's easy to get carried away because dried fruits are very calorie dense due to low moisture level.