New mama looking to get back on track!

Options
krysmuree
krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
Hi!

My name is Krys and I'm a 26 year old mama to a beautiful nine week old baby boy. My husband and I have been together for ten years, and married last April on our tenth anniversary, conceiving shortly after. I lost 18lbs with the birth of my son (yes, lost), but after quitting breastfeeding due to difficulty producing, I've slowly gained it back and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm tired of being tired and I felt so good after having my son; I'd like to feel that way again so here I am!

I look forward to recommitting myself to the journey and meeting new friends along the way. :)

Replies

• nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just had my fourth baby almost 4 weeks ago. I gained 85 lbs with the pregnancy, dropped 35 lbs of pregnancy weight from birth. My pre-pregnancy weight was 140 so I'm still 45 lbs away. Ultimately my goal is to be 125 lbs so I am actually hoping to lose 60 lbs. Im only 5'3"

Great job managing your weight so well during pregnancy, most women (including myself) struggle most with weight gain during pregnancy so you're already ahead :)
  • krysmuree
    Options
    Congratulations on your new little one! My pre-pregnancy weight was 194lbs; so I was already overweight to begin with - haha, that's probably why I lost weight .. I had no appetite! :p My goal is 135lbs so we are similar! :)

Thanks to a lack of an appetite and healthier cravings during pregnancy, I definitely got ahead of the curve, but now that I've gained the weight back, I'm that much more anxious to lose it again!
  • sendcoffeeorhelp
    sendcoffeeorhelp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I just looked into this community to see if they had a group for new mothers, and this was the first thing I saw on the page. Awesome.

My name is Moira and I had my first in October of last year (5 months ago). I'm a very short person (4' 10") but I gained a ton of weight during pregnancy mainly because in the beginning I could only eat pasta, and I wasn't able to exercise at all. I also had gestational diabetes, which sucked, and I'd like to never go through that again. My most comfortable weight is 115-120, but right now I'm around 160, which is a bit frightening. I'm still nursing, so I have to be careful that I do eat enough, but my goal is to be aware of how many calories I am consuming, and to exercise a lot more, even if it just means walking in the beginning. 50 pounds is more than I ever had to lose, but I know we can do it. We've carried babies and given birth, for heaven's sake :D
  • MonicaThompson84
    MonicaThompson84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just had my 4th in October and I'm working on all the pounds I've built up since my first, 8 years ago! About 40 lbs. to lose in total. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • lolllierot
    lolllierot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a mommy struggling with loosing baby weight. I have two kids, a 3 year old girl, Allison, and a 9 month old boy, Julien! I've never really lived a healthy lifestyle before but my body is already thanking me for the change in diet. I'm 5,4 and 165 pounds. I'm just trying to get my BMI out of the overweight category at 145. Once I hit that I'll try getting down to 120-130lbs. Anyone want to be friends to help encourage each other?
  • nrbutton
    Options
    lolllierot wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm a mommy struggling with loosing baby weight. I have two kids, a 3 year old girl, Allison, and a 9 month old boy, Julien! I've never really lived a healthy lifestyle before but my body is already thanking me for the change in diet. I'm 5,4 and 165 pounds. I'm just trying to get my BMI out of the overweight category at 145. Once I hit that I'll try getting down to 120-130lbs. Anyone want to be friends to help encourage each other?

I'm also trying to reach a BMI goal first. I have to schedule an abdominal surgery for August and the doctor wants my BMI under 27%. Obviously the more fat I lose the less risky the surgery and the more likely it will be successful the first time.

Welcome to the community
  • ahall0812
    ahall0812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am looking for accountability! I am aiming to lose 60 pounds after baby 4 and am hoping to find encouragement from other new moms! Please add me if you would like!
  • ahall0812
    Options
    How do i add people??
  • nrbutton
    Options
    ahall0812 wrote: »
    How do i add people??

I don't know if there is an easier way because I'm new too, but I click on the name then when the profile summary pops up I click on the name again and it gives you add friend icon
  • ahall0812
    Options
    Do you all add extra calories in your total for exclusively breast feeding? If you do, how much do you add? I want to lose weight but also want to keep a good milk supply! Thanks for input!
  • ristinadurivage
    ristinadurivage Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ahall0812 wrote: »
    Do you all add extra calories in your total for exclusively breast feeding? If you do, how much do you add? I want to lose weight but also want to keep a good milk supply! Thanks for input!

I added breastfeeding and pumping to my exercise list. if you are full time doing it, just add 500 calories to it. I watched my supply pretty well after my third was born. I did low carb high fat. If you don't pump, look for signs your baby is hungry after feeding. Could also be a growth spurt. But if your supply is established already, there isn't much worrying to do as long as you hydrate well and eat well. At least that is my experience. I have four. A 14 yo girl, 5 yo boy, 3 yo boy and 19 mo girl. When I got pregnant with our first boy I was around 220. I stayed around 200 till I had him then went back up to 220. FOund out we were having another boy and discovered Paleo. Started at my third trimester day and lost a few pounds. I came out of the hospital after having him around 180. I got down to 160 and got pregnant with our last. I'm now around 183. Trying to get back down to around 160.
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I just had my fifth child. Just starting to make plans of how I will get the weight off. Would love to be a part of a group of mom's trying to lose their baby weight. I have 23lbs to lose to get to pre pregnancy weight, and 15 more after that to reach my ultimate goal. So almost 40lbs to lose. I love to Spin and walk, I also use fitness Blender. Hoping we can support each other!
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey all, had my son 2 weeks ago and piled on 3 stone in my pregnancy. I fell pregnant half way in to my weight loss journey when I still I had 1 or 2 stone to go (I've no fixed weight to get to). I've lost 1 and a half stone since I had him, but still lots to go! Welcome to add me
  • GettingItRight017
    GettingItRight017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You got this mama, congrats to you and your hubby <3:) Your more than welcome to add me, we got this!!!
  • krysmuree
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, so happy to find like-minded people on this journey!
    I'll be adding all of you. :)
  • krysmuree
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    awww, cute baby. :)

Thank you so much!
  • kimuncw13
    kimuncw13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I have two little ones, 3 yrs old and 4 months. In currently 171 but would love to be down to 155 by summer. I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I'm feeling constantly hungry and am a bit concerned about lowering my supply. But I know I really need to lose the weight. Hoping since my supply is established it won't be effected. How has your experience been?