Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ya I was going to say the same as shadow2soul . Every pic I've seen of Strong Curve ladies have great butts. I read a post saying it was specifically the weighted hip bridges that did the trick. If that's true, then maybe just incorporate that move into your normal regime ?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hip Thrusts
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Try googling for "glutes" + various adjectives such as "build", "increase", or maybe "bigger".
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your results will be somewhat limited if you are eating in a deficit. But SC is a great program.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »
    Ya I was going to say the same as shadow2soul . Every pic I've seen of Strong Curve ladies have great butts. I read a post saying it was specifically the weighted hip bridges that did the trick. If that's true, then maybe just incorporate that move into your normal regime ?

It's a little more complicated that many of the pictures are going to suggest. There are limitations based on genetics and it may take a few years and a few bulk/cuts to get the ideal booty. But yea, SC is a great program to give you an opportunity.
  • cardioxxbunnyxx
    cardioxxbunnyxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The smith machine has become my best friend on leg/glute training days.
    Over the past 6 months, I starting squating (smith machine is my favorite, but I'll also try body weight squats, sometimes throw in 10-15 lb dumbbells with it, held on each side.)

Also, if you gym, which most gyms do have, is the kick back machine! OMG.
    My butt is kind of already on the bigger side but it has LIFTED my butt and tightened it!

Bridges while holding a 10-15 dumbbell/plate on your pelvis also helps buidling you butt.

Good luck!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Check out the Malibooty routine from Tone it UP (can find it on Pinterest)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Strong Curves. Check out anything Bret Contreras.. I owe him for all my booty gains ;)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sprint up hills.
    Ever see a sprinter with a flat butt?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    It's around 60% genes, then hard work and where you store your fat.
    Just, don't be fooled into thinking you'll get a squat booty with in months. You can get one, but if you don't store fat in that area and your gene's are working against you it's gonna take a lot of work and dedication.

Check out strong curves.

Don't forget, it's also how some of these girls pose... I can't tell you how many women I have seen with "nice" butts only to find out, it's how they posed.

It's like how guys can use tricks and lighting to make their abs pop.
  • JourneeAfter0704
    JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The smith machine has become my best friend on leg/glute training days.
    Over the past 6 months, I starting squating (smith machine is my favorite, but I'll also try body weight squats, sometimes throw in 10-15 lb dumbbells with it, held on each side.)

Also, if you gym, which most gyms do have, is the kick back machine! OMG.
    My butt is kind of already on the bigger side but it has LIFTED my butt and tightened it!

Bridges while holding a 10-15 dumbbell/plate on your pelvis also helps buidling you butt.

Good luck!

I do go to the gym and was going to do weighted kickbacks on the paramount.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I spend the past 26 weeks doing strong curves in a slight surplus and i notice a small difference in my booty.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats! I started at the beginning of the year. I can't GET OVER that I actually have a butt now. I find myself grabbing it every once in a while because I'm so in awe! :wink: I have always had a pancake butt but it is on its way to being beautiful and full.

I can't believe I just wrote that down in a public place lol
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    +1 on Brett Conteras.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth

Scroll down exercise phases.